Hemma hos byZan

byZan

May 29, 2022
This will be my first post on WBF and it in my own thread that I start by calling "Hemma hos byZan” (Home at byZan)

Since my English is not what it should be for daring to write in English, I use Google translation, which is not perfect either, but I hope that the translation it does will make you understand my thoughts / thoughts and experiences about this hobby ahead?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________​

So how do I start this thread? Should I start from the beginning or from today's date or? Should I start from the beginning, am I afraid that the thread would be too long for someone to be able to read it and it might not be of interest either? I think I write as I usually do - what comes in writing usually comes straight from the heart and may not always be so well thought out, but it's me!

First, my nickname should not be by Zan but just as it says byZan. It's a middle surname with a Z that delimits my first name, it's not harder than that - check!
My wife and I have now been retired for a few years now and usually commute between home and the cottage which is located in the Stockholm archipelago and about 100 km from the city.
Now you will not find out more, but now it will be about my hobby that I actually started practicing from an early age. I was 4 years old and had a neighbor who was 5 years older and who listened to music and I got to listen to Elvis vs Steele where Elvis became the winner in my ears. The years went by and I got a gramophone (Philips, Luxor, I do not remember) with speakers that also acted as protective caps, there were times. It was a little different before I got a Lenco L75, Luxman amplifier and some carpentry speakers. The latter was quickly replaced by a pair of Cabasse (?) When I realized that I am not someone with an interest in making my own solutions and not particularly interested in technology to be able to measure and solder either. But is cruelly impressed by people who do-it-yourself (DIY). But otherwise I am interested in technology with useless on computers, internet, etc. Do not even understand that it can work!

Okay, that's how it started and now I'm sitting here writing a lot of uninteresting things, but if you do not have the story with you, it may be difficult to understand, so I think about a lot in this world.

You see, I jump between things and get into maybe irrelevant things, but it's not the heart but my brain that suddenly starts spinning, sorry!

What was I? Yes .... I would write about ..... the interest in music. I am a so-called omnivore when it comes to music genres and therefore I have always found it difficult to get that perfect for my ears and heart. Compromises here and there when it comes to choosing products, although I think it has always gotten better and better. But as usual, curiosity has taken over and the wallet has become thin every time.

At home I play vinyl, CD, R2R and now also streamed music
In the cottage only streamed music - Qobus.

Now you know everything about me and if you have questions, ask and I will see if I can answer these, have a little difficulty with your abbreviations and too advanced technology. Btw :) Try me and maybe I will learn over time?

/ byZan

Last edited:

byZan

May 29, 2022
One of the reasons I dared to sign up for WBT was that I had to tell about the signal cables I bought after testing for my system that is in the cabin. They turned out so well that I have now found "for me the perfect sound" in that system.
Nowadays a minimalist system in my eyes, has had bigger and more devices there but now only for streaming.

System2: Absolare Int Signature - TAD CR1 v2 - Lumin X1 - Innous PhonenixNet - Entreq Olympus - Sablon Evo RCA - Sablon Ethernet.
The latest cable really made such a difference that I'm almost euphoric nowadays. In terms of sound - resolution - details etc play with such calm that I almost fall asleep when I sit down to listen, it is a good grade for me. I'm so happy and I was not robbed either

Thank you Mark for good service and damn good cables

/ byZan

byZan

May 29, 2022
I had planned to continue writing about my system at home but am waiting for the delivery of two packages. Two different manufacturers who have the same problem, lack of components is it called nowadays?

Also thought to post some pictures, but it seems to take longer than I thought to be able to do this.

/byZan

byZan

May 29, 2022
Finally I got my Dan D'Agostino back after months of waiting for it to be upgraded to the MxV version. A few days before I got my LampizatOr Baltic 3 delivered, now there were a lot of logistics problems when I was out in the cottage. But it was just to get in the car and go and pick up the Baltic 3 that was delivered to the home. Back to the cottage later in the evening and ..... do you think I had the strength to wait to get it connected to the system there? Not a chance, it would be powered on and play directly out of the box.

Since I do not have a pure steramer or music server, I had to use Lumin as a streamer via usb. No good combo, not in that system / room I quickly found out. Lumin X1 should play as intended and that makes it damn good. But could still hear that Baltic 3 had something that with the right conditions will be really good when it would have to take its intended place in the home.

There will be more in the thread later ......

/ byZan

Reactions: Miki70

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
One of the reasons I dared to sign up for WBT was that I had to tell about the signal cables I bought after testing for my system that is in the cabin. They turned out so well that I have now found "for me the perfect sound" in that system.
Nowadays a minimalist system in my eyes, has had bigger and more devices there but now only for streaming.

System2: Absolare Int Signature - TAD CR1 v2 - Lumin X1 - Innous PhonenixNet - Entreq Olympus - Sablon Evo RCA - Sablon Ethernet.
The latest cable really made such a difference that I'm almost euphoric nowadays. In terms of sound - resolution - details etc play with such calm that I almost fall asleep when I sit down to listen, it is a good grade for me. I'm so happy and I was not robbed either

Thank you Mark for good service and damn good cables

/ byZan
Hej or Hello,

You have a beautiful setup.

Just curious. Prior the Sablon what did you use as Lan cable? And it’s connected to what?

Gunnar

byZan

May 29, 2022
Thanks so much

I had a simpler LAN cable before but tested a Valhalla 2 which made me check if it wasn't time for an investment. Because voiceinmyhead had a Sablon Ethernet cable and asked me to test it. I was pleasantly surprised by what it performed and in my opinion it turned out so well and much cheaper than a Valhalla. So the choice was easy for me and as I remember it, the differences weren't that big, maybe lucky that my sound memory is so short;)

The cable is connected to an Innuos PhonenixNet which only lifted the sound.

/byZan

byZan

May 29, 2022
Now after a few days of playing with Baltic and a pipe change...
tempImageRGZo75.jpg
.. so I'm so happy with both the choice of dac and being able to roll some tubes.

After a number of systems that have passed through here over the years, the latest looks like the following;

System1: Dan D'Agostino S250 MxV (upgraded) - Momentum HD Preamplifier - TAD R1 v2 - LampizatOr Baltic 3 - Lumin S1 - Nucleus Roon - Innous PhonenixNet - Clearaudio Master Ref - TT2 - Golfinger - Absolute Phono - Studer B67 - Tara Labs OnBoard The 0.8 XLR (IC) - AudioQuest Firebird Zero/Thunderbird Bass (SC) - Sablon Evo USB - 2020 Sablon Ethernet.

So now there is a bit of cleaning among electronics, cables, etc. before I dare to present an overview picture.

/byZan

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunnar

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
i thought of asking you of Sytem 1. But no need….

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing