help with Gemini PT-2000

tecnomansf

Jan 6, 2020
Hello I'm TSF from Argentina. i just got my hands in a dirty (almost trashed) Gemini PT-2000. I've dedicated most part of today to disassemble and deep clean this turntable. Previous owner(s) were very negligent with it. I took apart the "Start/Stop/33/45/Strobe light" console. And also the pitch PCB, i disoldered the pitch fader, open it and give a deep clean and lubrication. Quarzt Lock works flawlessly for both 33 or 45.

I had only one matter to resolve, and for this i PLEASE ask your help for sugestions or ideas:
With Quartz Lock disengage it, Pitch control works OK, but "Zero" it around +1.7 (in both speeds). I've already adjust the trimmer potenciometer on the down plate to the max. But "Zero" at +1.7 is all i can get.

Is there another part were i can get the final correction i need? I open to disolder an change electronic parts (condensers, resistences, etc) But i'm not a electronic technician. Just a DYI enthusiast brave enough to atemp repairs.

PS: one of the Electrolite Condensers on the Motor PCB seems to be slightly (very very slightly) inflated, may this be the cause?

Thanks in advance!

TSF

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing