Hello From Wisconsin

Matt193

Mar 21, 2011
Wisconsin
Greetings!

I have been interested in audio for about 17 years now. It all started because my uncle had a KLH surround sound system setup in his basement which I thought was the greatest thing ever. I started to save my money and bought a entry level Pioneer Pro Logic receiver with a set of Optimus satellite speakers and a passive sub. That setup served me well for almost 15 years. For Christmas three years ago, my mom gave me a set of inexpensive Sennheiser headphones for PC gaming. I started to listen to some music with them and I thought how much better they sounded compared to my home audio speakers. I started to yearn for this kind of sound without the need for headphones. This is where my love affair with things I can not afford started. :D

I started with a budget of $500 for a 5.0 setup. At the time the best bang for the buck speaker setup that was all the buzz on the AVS forum was a Energy C series system. I picked the set up and gave it a try. I could tell right away that these did not have the sound I was looking for.

I decided to change my budget to $500 for two speakers and with the help of a "local" AVS forum member I went out and listened to a multitude of speakers that were not really in my price range. I started to fall in love with the sweet sound of entry level mid-fi. I eventually decided that a pair of second hand Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures was a good start and never looked back.

If it wasn't for forums and more specifically the invaluable help by a forum member, I don't think I would be anywhere near as enthusiastic about all things home audio as I am today. I look forward to learning from all who frequent this community.

-Matt

Hello and welcome to the forum. I still remember hearing my first Venderseen's. I remember being so surprised that they sounded so good.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I still remember hearing my first Venderseen's. I remember being so surprised that they sounded so good.

Amir, your spelling is all over the place! LOL :D

Hi Matt and Welcome to this Vanderful Warld!
People here have a great sense of humor, and knowledge too; you'll luv it! :)

Bob

P.S. Do I know you from somewhere? ...Of course, the Lounge! ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Yes Bob, I'm here because of your suggestion to check it out over on the Lounge! :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing