Greatest musical moments

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Most all of us must have some special moment in a song, or during the course of an album, that just blows us away. I thought it'd be fun to mention them, and compare notes.

I'll start:

Allman Bros. Band From the double LP (not Fillmore East) with the brown cover. As Don't Want You No More fades and segues into the first guitar notes of Not My Cross to Bear, the change in energy and mood never fails to provide enjoyment. This was the studio album that fueled Live at Fillmore East, famous for its extended jams.

Lee

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Listening to Rush's Tom Sawyer on my older brother's Revox Tritons. I was 10 years old. :)

My most special musical moment was listening to "Old Ang Zine" over the TV.

It wasn't the music that moved me, it was Kay, the 17 year old girl that was helping me ring in the new year exactly at midnight. Before you say anything about her age, I was 17 too :^).

In a similar vein, 1967, 15 years old. Girl was 17 too.. Dock of the Bay playing I think, if that's the one with bells and firecrackers .. no? well well..

back to the thread, it was a small home based live concert we put on in about '87 as a classical guitar group and I gave a classical twist to some unexpected Irish songs as everyone was getting glassy eyed.. Foggy Foggy Dew was a particular hit and it was encored a few times.

And oh yes, there were 3 girls in the group and they announced us as 3 Tarts and a Fart! No bells or firecrackers there.. I have clearly matured musically.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
A couple, both compliments of Carlos Santana. First would be the transition from "Batuka" to "No One to Depend On" on self-titled Santana...second, the transition from "Singing Winds, Crying Beasts" to "Black Magic Woman" on Abraxas. Goose bump city when first heard back in 1969 on the LPs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing