Graham Audio and On A Higher Note

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hello Steve,

It is with extreme pleasure that we announce our N. American exclusive distributorship for Graham Audio at Salon Audio Montreal Audio Fest where we debut Graham's new LS5/9f floor standing loudspeakers. See our press release attached.

Designed by Derek Hughes based on BBC's award winning LS5/9 monitors, the new LS5/9f has midrange performance almost identical to the LS5/9. The LS5/9f enjoys 5 Hz of lower extension on its bass, with a deeper foundation underneath the music.

Montreal is one of my favorite towns. For this occasion, in addition to my computer/streaming music playlists, I have brought over our newly completed Philip's Demo XXI and a specially curated composition, "Graham Demo 2019", in CD format to play on the Gryphon Audio Design's Scorpio S CD player driven by the newly repriced Diablo 120 integrated amplifier.

Visit our event page here for more details about our room #1315 at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal this weekend.

In music, Philip O'Hanlon
Artesania Audio at Salon Audio Montreal with Exoteryc 4 level silver rack system

Patented Suspended Double Structure technology, Triple Decoupling systems, Acoustic Anti-Resonance treatment are just a few of the reasons why this beautiful rack system is truly an audio component in disguise, offering maximum neutrality to your music playback.

First time in Montreal for us, this rack system is known for its audio performance and aesthetics appeal that won't disappoint. Visit Room 1315 this weekend or reach out to a dealer near you.
Gryphon Audio Designs PS2-S with expanded MC loading option is shipping!

The Gryphon PS2-S MM/MC Phono Module suitable for Diablo 120, 300 and Zena ships now. It's Predecessor PSII-RIAA was initially designed with Bens Micro in mind with 2 loading options (20 and 100 ohm). The revised PS2-S offers a wider range of cartridge load impedance options (20, 100, 200, 499, 806, and a custom load option). Retails US$2,250 with upgrade kit to convert PSII-RIAA to PS2-S that retails for US$300. Inquire with us or reach out to your nearest Gryphon dealer.
2019 Graham Demo CD compilation

To showcase Graham Audio's strength in reproducing natural human voice, we curated an amazing rendition of 20 tracks with a wide range and tonal color beginning with Karen Casey's "One I Love" from A Celtic Tapestry Vol. 2. See more.
AXPONA Room #1 Schaumburg C with Gryphon Audio closed door demo - sign up now!

Gryphon new CEO, Sales Director and Service Manager will be on hand to share the entire Gryphon Audio line up in one fell swoop. Close door demo sessions are open for sign ups on a first come first serve basis. Go >>> here >>> to reserve your spot and visit our event page for more details.
The Winged-Lion's Manifesto on cables, power cords and interconnects

With sonic neutrality as the guiding principle and compatibility with its analogue amplifiers' enormous bandwidth as a must, Gryphon Audio Designs issued a manifesto to its installed base, pin-pointing speaker cable as an important "interactive factor" to hone-in on to avoid potential problems. >> See more here >>
Highlights of our fleet of new and ex demo items from our discontinued brands

Besides a couple Luxman integrated amplifiers we recently brought into our fleet that deserves our highlighting, a hidden gem in our Luxman collection is our open box stereo 300b SET tube amp, the MQ-300. Don't let the 8 watts fool you. This beast is quiet, sweet, great separation, terrific bass, with big soundstage, addictive vocals, and now with our open box sale, great value.

Our Vivid Audio fleet has gotten considerably smaller as of last writing. Of note is our last pair of B1 (upgraded new stock in black outfitted with integral screens) for the right customer, and the K1's ex-demos that deliver signature Vivid sound with considerably more bass for a larger room and now with great value proposition.

Of the "only left" units, Eclipse TD's flagship TD712zMK2 near field monitors and Merging Technologies' 2-channel and 8-channel MQA compatible NADAC+Player are choice items demanding honorable mention. Contact us for more info.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
My demo Graham LS6's in rosewood are due in today. :D

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Always wanted to hear the Graham LS5/8

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I forget which ones I heard at Philips house. For a small speaker the sound was wonderful

I think the ones at Philip's house are the Graham/Swisstone LS3's.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing