German WW2 tubes marked as Wehrmacht

Anyoldears

May 31, 2023
Hi, Quick question for the tubes experts, would a tube marked as Wehrmacht be the same spec as the "retail" version? Is there any real significance of the Wehrmacht marking? Thx!

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
I imagine the Wehrmacht version would have been carefully tested to ensure reliability. Failure while fighting a tank battle in North Africa could mean a death sentence to whoever was responsible !

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
I would imagine the Wehrmacht version would have been carefully tested to ensure reliability. Failure while fighting a tank battle in North Africa could mean a death sentence to whoever was responsible !
BTW, I have a bunch of Siemens Sikatrop caps produced for the Nazi German army that still measures perfectly after they have been in use for 70+ years. I guess Hitler intended for his empire to last.

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
BTW, I have a bunch of Siemens Sikatrop caps produced for the Nazi German army that still measures perfectly after they have been in use for 70+ years. I guess Hitler intended for his empire to last.
Siemens Sikatrop - that must have been for the SS - Sorry :rolleyes:

Reactions: Zero000

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing