Fran, Russ & Felicia

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Fran.jpg
Fran who sat for maybe a minute or two.

Francis & Russell are two energetic little boys that don't sit long for photos. Instead - I have several videos. They are older kittens who came to me as kitten friends for Felicia - who wasn't socializing or playing - simply huddling in a corner of the cage daily. They were a still a little delicate after pulling out of an illness which took a sister. They were totally spoiled by me while they regained their strength.

Amazingly, they've already been with me for four weeks, so they are all about 4 months now.

Felicia is non-adoptable. :( She was caught too late to be socialized. She will go to a barn home where she will have a safe place to live and will be fed. since she can't be returned to the back alley where she was first found.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Really never? :(

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
How old is Felicia?

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Felicia is 18 weeks now. She just went to her shed/yard home with her big boyfriend. It was one of those heart warming stories. I had her for two week and had no success with her. She would cower in a corner of the cage, and when I set up a fence and let her out of the cage. She would explore a bit but would not play. She did not respond to my two cats and I even took in a pair of kitten friends for her (Fran and Russ). She played with them but not much else. She did not groom them, let them groom her or snuggle in sleep. When I took her back to the rescue to be evaluated, they had this big friendly adult boy. One introduction later, they were purring and snuggling at the end of the day.

The cut-off age is 11 - 12 weeks for feral cats to be socialized - some do, some don't. She wasn't aggressive - just very, very scared, so the rescue thought that perhaps she could be socialized. Unfortunately not. I had her for a total of 6 weeks and she progressed from plain cowering to cowering and hissing. That's despite the petting, handling, feeding of turkey, etc. etc.

I've had successes with the shy ones, I've had failures. She's the first I had to say was unadoptable. Holly and Ivy were different cases. They were removed from my house to keep ringworm out and finally just "ran out of time" on the socializing timeline and there was a barn home that would take them. Holly especially, was coming along really well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing