Favorite Rolex?

1kw

Aug 27, 2023
LBI, NJ
My current line up in order of favorite: Pepsi GMT ceramic jubilee, Lefty Green/Black GMT oyster , Bluesy Sub ceramic, Two tone GMT ceramic oyster, Panerai 8 day power reserve indicator, GMT automatic saphire back

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am not into watches at all. But for some reason I find the Rolex Daytona in yellow gold with yellow gold band with the "black" (really shimmery purple) mother of pearl dial totally beautiful!

So this literally is the only watch I have. I used to wear it every day at work, and it got scratched up from normal use.

When we were exiled in London I had it serviced and completely polished by the Rolex service center there. Now it looks brand new again, and I don't wear it except for very special occasions, because I don't want to scratch it up again.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It's meant to be worn Ron. Scratches are "beauty marks". :)

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I am not into watches at all. But for some reason I find the Rolex Daytona in yellow gold with yellow gold band with the "black" (really shimmery purple) mother of pearl dial totally beautiful!

So this literally is the only watch I have. I used to wear it every day at work, and it got scratched up from normal use.

When we were exiled in London I had it serviced and completely polished by the Rolex service center there. Now it looks brand new again, and I don't wear it except for very special occasions, because I don't want to scratch it up again.
Pictures, or it doesnt exist. LoL

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
I have a vintage 5513 Submariner I'm considering selling. Four or five years ago, I was moderately active on RolexForums, but I understand that's no longer the best place to sell.

Where's the best place to sell these days as a private seller?

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: wisnon

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I truly love this place for many reasons
espresso Machines costing thousands
Rolex watches I have no idea as shown but as I own 2 many thousands.
Don’t take this post as a slight or insult it’s not
many times people ask how much something I own or had cost.
I’ve also have asked being naive there items cost. The looks some give as if I’ve asked to see their bank account statements lol.
now here is a place that we all can talk about how much things cost at no seeming conflict of interests
I wonder why is this ? Is it due to it being virtual ?
at one time I lived in a very upscale neighborhood
I lied when asked where lol.
I wonder if we were in a room together would we be so honest and upfront
I think somehow audio being a pride of ownership in some of us as well enjoying the entire experience
Allows this to take place.
again I love being able to be truly honest and for once in my life not feel guilty and actually feel under archived in what I own in audio for sure
keep posting love it.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Its a chronometre too, meaning certified by the Swiss institute for accuracy in 3 dimensional planes.
I have enough trouble staying certified in one dimensional plane.

• Haha
Reactions: wisnon

Zuman

Feb 25, 2023
I'm a retired wildlife conservationist, and the greatest field biologist since Charles Darwin is my old friend Dr. George Schaller. George used to be featured in print ads for Rolex, and he actually wore them in the field. They were rugged and very reliable timekeepers.
When I retired, my team bought me a vintage Rolex Explorer II, one of the watches that featured George in advertisements. It's now 15 years old and is accurate to within 2 seconds during a typical month. I still wear it when I go into the field in Africa every year; it never needs recharging and it's pretty indestructible! I wear an Apple Watch at home, but a Rolex in the bush!
IMG_6312c.jpg

Last edited:

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I have auto winders for a few watches
now I’ve read to keep
Some always moving and even some get moved in only one direction
what’s confusing me I jeweler bud of mine says not to your just wearing them out for no reason
I broke an exp breitling not auto winding it
As when it stoped it was at a critical time and moving the time could damage a gear
who knew not me lol.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing