Emotiva XMC-1 Pre/Pro with DiracLive Full

TitaniumTroy

Jan 11, 2011
South Bend IN
I have been reading about MiniDSP and Dirac Live on another board, and this pre/pro made me think about it as an option for room correction. For those of us who are less technically inclined, I know it would be more limited in scope than what is possible with FIR filters and a custom MiniDSP setup. However I would like to know how far it could take you in comparison, maybe 80-90% or less?

Also can you do something like outside speaker correction with the Dirac Live Full? This option would seem to solve the problem of using DSP room correction with home theatre/multi channel audio?

Of course I could just buy a DEQX, but even used ones are kind of expensive.

"The XMC-1 redefines everything you know about affordable home theater. With a true balanced audiophile signal path, high-performance HDMI video switching that supports up to 4k/60Hz, and Dirac Live for Emotiva™ room correction, this made-in-the-USA masterpiece offers audio performance and sound quality that competes with the best analog preamps, combined with video performance and features that rival home theater preamp/processors costing up to ten times as much."

"XMC-1 Now With Available Dirac Full
Yes! Go beyond the capabilities of the included Dirac LE with Dirac Full. Create custom target curves, adjust frequency ranges for correction, create and rearrange speaker groups-you have ultimate room-correction power with Dirac Full. Please note that both Dirac LE and Dirac Full licenses are not transferrable, and that Dirac Full sales are final."
https://emotiva.com/products/pres-and-pros/xmc-1

esldude

A friend has the XMC-1. He did get Dirac Full. It does offer a good many more options. Effectively I am not so sure it is more limited than FIR filters and a MiniDSP. Dirac uses a combination of FIR and IIR filters, and may be more effective than using only FIR. It also simplifies the process of getting this done.

I am not quite sure what you mean by outside speaker correction. You can do target response curves to suit your own preference and the capabilities of your speaker. The XMC-1 is a very good sounding unit just on straight thru bypass. Dirac correction is a very noticeable improvement.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing