David Gilmour - Rattle The Lock (September 2015)

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Early reports are extremely positive about this release. Amazon CA delivery estimate is Oct 15, which is a month from now and I'm not happy about it.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
On An Island II; if you liked the last one you'll like this one, and it won't win over anyone who didn't like the last one.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
On An Island II; if you liked the last one you'll like this one, and it won't win over anyone who didn't like the last one.

I can live with that! :D

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
BD has 5.1 also

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

I don't think that's true. A lot of folks on the Steve Hoffman forum who hate OAI but like the new one.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I don't think that's true. A lot of folks on the Steve Hoffman forum who hate OAI but like the new one.

Although I believe that, it's baffling to me. I must admit I'm pretty selective what I read at SH, the signal to noise in most topics is very low

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Although I believe that, it's baffling to me. I must admit I'm pretty selective what I read at SH, the signal to noise in most topics is very low

Meaning?

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
So many of the topics and so many of the posters have a very limited experience and world view; it often reminds me of where I was 45-50 years ago, quite full of myself with absolutely no justification for feeling that way. As Ted Sturgeon used to say, 90% of anything is crap; I think that percentage may be a little higher at the SH Forums. Still I do frequently find useful information in that 5-10 % that isn't.

But as far as relevance to this topic thread here, I just meant that I hadn't gotten around to reading the corresponding thread at SH Forums, not that it was necessarily a "bad" thread.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I am listening to it right now, outside on my deck, sitting comfortably numb, on my couch...I luv it! :cool:

Tonight, the Blu (full enchilada) from all directions.

? It is a lovely day today, again, here on the Island. :b ...Total apotheosis of subliminal happiness...inside where it counts the most/best...deep inside my soul. ...And nothing can stop it, nothing @ all. ...Every single day is just a better day...one after the other.

I feel so good in my life that I am now totally convinced that I live in paradise. ...I wish the same for all the people/children who are stressed and oppressed in their lives. ...Everywhere where there are wars I just want to end it right now and see eternal peace all around the world...to all the 7.25 billion inhabitants living on Earth...and beyond the multiverse.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I am listening to it right now, outside on my deck, sitting comfortably numb, on my couch...I luv it! :cool:

Tonight, the Blu (full enchilada) from all directions.

? It is a lovely day, again, here on the Island. :b

Nice! It's gorgeous here too in Calgary! Amazon shipped my copy and I should have it tomorrow. I did receive the Beatles-Love 2Lp set from Amazon UK today. Will play that shortly.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing