Chris Squire, Founding Member of Yes, Late of This Life

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
The news of Chris Squire's passing is now a few days old, but I didn't want to let the life of such a remarkable musician and influence in my own life go without acknowledgment or a note of thanks for every single note played over these many years past. Chris was a uniquely gifted bassist and I was privileged to experience his musicianship up close and personal during the Going For The One tour back in '78.

More about his passing is here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/chris-squire-yes-bassist-and-co-founder-dead-at-67-20150628

Have a good journey Chris Squire.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
The only member to be there from the very beginning, on every album. I have seen them perform in many different incarnations, and Chris kept all the shows rooted to the ground and maintained the groove.

I like all their albums, have them all, play them all, but Going for the One and Drama have special meanings to me.

R.I.P. Mr. Squire

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
'Tales from Topographic Oceans' was the YES double-LP I played the most back in the seventies. ...I'm a big YES fan, have all their albums (LPs, and CDs too, but some sound awful...CDs). I saw them live once, in Montreal. I don't listen to them anymore (still a fan though), and I still love Jon Anderson's voice.

R.I.P. Chris

* The music we grew up with, is the people playing in our hearts. ..."Nous sommes du soleil, and we love when we play."

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing