Burmester 911 mk2

areamihc

Oct 2, 2012
Hi guys,

Anyone knows the difference between the 911 mk 2 and mk 3?

I'm having difficulty finding out any technical specs on the mk2? Class A? How many watts per channel etc.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

Specs are the same 180 watts/ch @ 8 ohms... I believe and 250 @ 4ohms ... Class AB... The MK3 stays in Class A longer about up to 30 watts. The internal wiring is silver wire in the MK3 .. The MK3 operates much warmer thanthe MK2 because of the higher bias... Sound very similar IMO with the MK3 being fuller and more refined inthe mid and highs ... Can be upgraded to MK3 by the factory ... Grab it before someone else snatches it :)

areamihc

Oct 2, 2012
Thanks guys!

Still uncertain in my decision as I'm considering the Accuphase E560 as well. Not exactly apple to apple but budget wise, it seems quite near each other.

Would you still pick the burmester over an accuphase? My speakers are focal Electra 1028be.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Would you still pick the burmester over an accuphase?

There is a Burmester crowd here that might hunt you down and give you a beating if you bought an Accuphase instead of a Burmester if you had the money to buy either amp.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
There is a Burmester crowd here that might hunt you down and give you a beating if you bought an Accuphase instead of a Burmester if you had the money to buy either amp.

If you can hear the Accuphase, I would give it a try. Long term you might be happier. :)

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Thanks guys!

Still uncertain in my decision as I'm considering the Accuphase E560 as well. Not exactly apple to apple but budget wise, it seems quite near each other.

Would you still pick the burmester over an accuphase? My speakers are focal Electra 1028be.

Sure. Burmester sounds much better in all regards. Burmester plays music and Accuphase is just colored, euphonic and hi-fi sounds with a clear lack of dynamic.

Listening to the sound Accuphase after a time I get tired due to it seems that all the music sounds the same way. Personally I do not like such approach.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
If you can hear the Accuphase, I would give it a try. Long term you might be happier. :)

I don't know which Accuphase you have in mind ... I haven't heard all Accuphase amplifers but quite a few ... The 911 Mkdid put them to shame...and that it does to not only Accuphase amps by the way..
My advise to the OP: Get the Burmester .. The downside (aside for the substantial investment) could be that you will find yourself unfulfilled by most other amps out there ...

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
I don't know which Accuphase you have in mind ... I haven't heard all Accuphase amplifers but quite a few ... The 911 Mkdid put them to shame...and that it does to not only Accuphase amps by the way..
My advise to the OP: Get the Burmester .. The downside (aside for the substantial investment) could be that you will find yourself unfulfilled by most other amps out there ...

+1 ;)

areamihc

Oct 2, 2012

Fully aware this is burmester territory! :) Time to look for a preowned mk2!

Any advice on Pre amps?

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Fully aware this is burmester territory! :) Time to look for a preowned mk2!

Any advice on Pre amps?

Get any Burmester preamp ... I am dreaming of a 808 MK5 but if you find a used 001 .. Jump on it and then sit down, enjoying it in your system .. Then you may expereince what most Burmester owners feel about Burmester .. The list of pretenders will be long the list of equal very, very short (and their prices so lofty as to make Burmester a bargain) .... as for the list of superior items ... I am still waiting

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
.... as for the list of superior items ... I am still waiting

Frantz,

Not a good signal. I can not argue, as I have never listened to a Burmester system in adequate conditions, but usually such silence means people are afraid of the fire of the dragon, not that there are no pretenders to the throne. ;)

Anyway, soon I will have the needed conditions to try the Burmester 911 mk3 in my system.

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Frantz,

Not a good signal. I can not argue, as I have never listened to a Burmester system in adequate conditions, but usually such silence means people are afraid of the fire of the dragon, not that there are no pretenders to the throne. ;)

Anyway, soon I will have the needed conditions to try the Burmester 911 mk3 in my system.

Hi.

Please share your listening experience once demoed the 911's in your set-up.

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Get any Burmester preamp ... I am dreaming of a 808 MK5 but if you find a used 001 .. Jump on it and then sit down, enjoying it in your system .. Then you may expereince what most Burmester owners feel about Burmester .. The list of pretenders will be long the list of equal very, very short (and their prices so lofty as to make Burmester a bargain) .... as for the list of superior items ... I am still waiting

Hi Frantz,

just an errata corrige ;)

the 001's is a cd player even if equipped with an excellent preamp section. I think your post may refer to the 011's.

AudioExplorations

Apr 5, 2012
You could also opt for a 808MKI (around 2K EUR), 808MKII (3-4K EUR), or 808MKIII (around 5-6K EUR), MK4 is not made in any Burmester product. These are usually more affordable then the 011 and definitely the 077.

Rocco I.

Apr 26, 2012
Italy
Rocco, are you referring to 077 instead of 011? I can't find 011 on burmester's website.

Burmester 011, as Joe said, from few months discontinued, but It was the Burmester Top Line preamp and now replaced by the 088's. I owned the 011 and I confirm that It is a superb preamp that includes an amazing phono stage. It's not diffucult to find a second-hand unit in mint condition. Better than 011 in Burmester catalogue, you can find the 088, 077 and then 808 MK5 (the absolute best).

http://www.stereophile.com/solidpreamps/705burmester

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
I have (over a 14 month period) listened to Burmester 069, 808 MK5, 911 MK3. 911 MK3 is my favorite. I use it with the tubed Concert Fidelity preamp-heaven here and now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing