Audiogon / Reverb and any others, thoughts wanted please

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I am going sell some of my kit and am looking for past and present experiences from you all using these or any other platforms.
I have heard a lot of negative stuff about AG and went to the site for the first time in years and its completely different.
Please share any / advice / experiences / types of scams and what not you all have had and or are having currently.
What I am selling none of you would have interest in, Pioneer Spec system, but I am sure someone else might, seems that bit of kit is doing decent on the market.

TIA

Mike

Last edited:

Rdk777

Jul 9, 2019
Reactions: rugyboogie

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I have sold gear on Audiogon, US Audio Mart, and eBay. Never had any issue on any of these. I have had the most success on Audiogon. When I list on Audiogon and eBay I tend to list at a higher price to cover their fees.

Reactions: Hi-FiGuy

Lowrider75

Dec 4, 2019
Audiogon's fees have increased dramatically, but I still have the most success as a seller and a buyer.
I've been using US Audiomart and have had success as a seller. My last two purchases had to go for service straight away. IME, USAM sellers haven't been as truthful or accurate in their condition ratings as have Audiogon members.

Ebay gets the most hits and all levels of audio gear are listed. Unfortunately, their listing and commission fees keep increasing.

Reactions: Rdk777 and Hi-FiGuy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing