Audio Grade Duplex Cryogenic

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Rex, after building a hard wired box years ago that let me test up to four duplex outlets at once, I found the CruzeFirst Maestro outlet to better (at the time) outlets from Oyaide, Furutech, and the Hubbell 5362. My friend also picked it out as best (in my system) in a blind test. The Maestro is a darn good outlet for a decent price, if price is a factor for anyone.
Looks nice for $89. I'm a big fan of non plated copper. And I want a natural sound, which is what the review says. I might have to try one. I really like the look of the heavy cover, but its sold out.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Looks nice for $89. I'm a big fan of non plated copper. And I want a natural sound, which is what the review says. I might have to try one. I really like the look of the heavy cover, but its sold out.
That’s why we liked the Maestro best in my system. It allowed the music to play in the most open, natural, unfettered way. No spotlighting, no fireworks. You can give one a try without having to use that cover. It still does its thing. My dedicated six circuits in the electrical system you designed for me? Each one is terminated in one of these outlets.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Tony, are these duplex the ones that don't grip well? Kind of thin like an Oyaide? I remember a customer handing me some plugs called Meastro and I used them behind the wall mount TV.. The cord kept falling out. I had to replace them.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Kind of hard to answer without knowing what cord is being used and whether it’s hanging without resting on the floor. Some of these cords are a bit ridiculous in size and weight. What I can tell you is at standard height off the floor I have SR Alpha NR v2 plugged into two of these an an AQ Dragon plugged into a third, and in no case has any plug fallen out.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing