Aries Cerat Preamps differences

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I often regard a pre-amp as the core of any audio system because all sources connect to it and the power amps. A high-quality pre-amp can significantly influence a system's performance - it can either enhance or degrade it. In this context, I am confident that it will not just function adequately, but also elevate your system's performance several notches.

Over the years, I have had experiences with various types of pre-amps, including passive, active, SS, DAC direct to amps, and so on. From my personal exploration, active tube pre-amps, which have the capacity to drive the power amps effectively, consistently yield the best results.
I have found that for even so-called integrateds there is often benefit to adding a good preamp, even though it is definitely not needed from a gain perspective and you introduce a second volume control. The only DACs i have tried that can get away well without a preamp are the Ayon Skylla/Stealth/Stratos and Aries Cerat Helene/Kassandra because their output stage is essentially the same each companies entry level preamp. Ayon's is basically the same as an Auris/Eris preamp and Aries Cerat is essentially the same as an Incito preamp.

Reactions: Argonaut

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I am thinking to use Pacific with Incinito(not S) to SE-833, will it work? Please advice

I used my Incito (non-S) with the SE Pacific into my XLR-Only Kronzilla SX Poweramp and it sounded awesome.

With the Ayon Crossfire 3 and the Amplifon SET 42 SE, I didn't use the Incito because I could go into these Amps with SE and the sonic difference was negligible in these configurations.

Seemingly, with your Amps, going directly with the Pacific doesn't work sonically for you (maybe because of some impedance incompability?) so the Incito might be the ticket as a buffer.

Maybe you could borrow one before you commit?

Last edited:

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
I have to ask if he can do that, yes that would be ideal. Anyway I think if I do not like it in my system I can always sell it easily and I would not mind that. I just like to taste at least one piece of AC in my setup for further consideration.

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
I used my Incito (non-S) with the SE Pacific into my XLR-Only Kronzilla SX Poweramp and it sounded awesome.

With the Ayon Crossfire 3 and the Amplifon SET 42 SE, I didn't use the Incito because I could go into these Amps with SE and the sonic difference was negligible in these configurations.

Seemingly, with your Amps, going directly with the Pacific doesn't work sonically for you (maybe because of some impedance incompability?) so the Incito might be the ticket as a buffer.

Maybe you could borrow one before you comm

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Friend of mine pushing me to get Allnic L7000. It is very close call since I have no experience with none of them. As I said I am very curious about AC sound, according reviews of Pacula and "Enjoy the music", Incito should have more meat and bone and great low bottom and excelent transparency, my cup of tea.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Friend of mine pushing me to get Allnic L7000. It is very close call since I have no experience with none of them. As I said I am very curious about AC sound, according reviews of Pacula and "Enjoy the music", Incito should have more meat and bone and great low bottom and excelent transparency, my cup of tea.
Why don't you reach out to Stavros and discuss this.

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Today friend of mine came to listen my system, he has same amps. He asked me if I checked my bias lately.No I have not, I am sorry but I thought these have automatical bias. He said no, it is not the case with these beasts. He noticed, sometning is not right, one tube was not lit the same as the other. We end up checking the bias. Wow one was on 65 and the other on 89. Totally off. It suppose to be around 115. You know what it did with sound.It really was not playing to full potential. After I for ther first time replaced original russian tubes( one of them stopped playing) I have not adjusted the bias. I just did not know, I am a tube amateur. :)After we started to play I thought I will get a heart attack, I did not know what I was missing previously . Dude the sound changed completely for the better. More analog sounding, more natural and gone was the slight sharpness, sound was more cohesive and fuller. At that moment we knew the preamp NAT Magnetic must be taken of the shelf immidietly. Now Pacific alone is working soooo much better. I am now verry happy. I will take Pacific to Warsaw to do the upgrade to Pac.2. Lukasz was right, I do not need a preamp. Great, saved some moneyand now I can use money for other upgrades. ;)

Last edited:

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
im sorry to tell youu but Nat pre amp is not a comparison to AC....
and although you are in High right now because you "fixed" your bias, i am really think that AC pre amp in between will give you so much more.
but that just me :)
enjoy !

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
im sorry to tell youu but Nat pre amp is not a comparison to AC....
and although you are in High right now because you "fixed" your bias, i am really think that AC pre amp in between will give you so much more.
but that just me :) enjoy !
Actualy I am glad to hear that. Because my mind is set to get Incito no matter what. How do you know about NAT not being in the same league? Can you be more specific?

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
heard them both, and actually both brands were distribute at the same dealer locally for a few years.
AC is another league IMHO.
thanks for sharing your experience, my instinct was correct :).... I will male a report when I get Incito

Reactions: Stef and byrdparis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing