Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref 2 vs. Lampizator Pacific DAC

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Worth considering that you appear to be similar travel time from a number of Aries Cerat dealers in Germany , Poland , Hungary etc , who could offer you an AC DAC demonstration , with perhaps the most comprehensive line up being Michael ( Klangloft Munich) and Vess ( Sofia Audio Centre) https://aries-cerat.com/distributors/
maybe in munnich would be the choice

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
Is there any point now … somebody moved like a greased weasel !
There is a point. I still like to hear it. And I amoving fast because I have got a great deal on Pacific. ;)

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
I found out Pacific can also sound heavier or darker by replacing tubes, for instance instead of KR 5u4G EmL 5u4G, less resolution but timbre seems more right to me, both tubes are great to keep, Philco is very sharp a cold sounding, I am selling the one, now I am waiting for Psvane Acme, it is fun to play with the tubes but it can be also very costly and create some nervosa :rolleyes:.
In this test nobody says what music, what styles was playing, I think it matters a lot, and people who read these type of tests would deserve to know that.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I found out Pacific can also sound heavier or darker by replacing tubes, for instance instead of KR 5u4G EmL 5u4G, less resolution but timbre seems more right to me, both tubes are great to keep, Philco is very sharp a cold sounding, I am selling the one, now I am waiting for Psvane Acme, it is fun to play with the tubes but it can be also very costly and create some nervosa :rolleyes:.
In this test nobody says what music, what styles was playing, I think it matters a lot, and people who read these type of tests would deserve to know that.
I use a Marconi 5u4g, Sylvania 5U4GB, RCA 5R4GY in my amps/preamps. In Incito I use a good Mazda 5AR4(GZ34).

Reactions: Zappadaddy

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
We experimented with the KR recitifier (expensive anniversary version) and it made the sound somewhat hard and forward but powerful sounding. That said the Marconi (Canada) 5U4G, the RCA 5R4GY and the Valvo metal base GZ34 were preferred on my Silvercore amp over the KR tube. RCA 5U4G is also very good and not too expensive...neither is the RCA 5r4GY...I got mine for 85 euro NOS (1944).

Reactions: Zappadaddy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing