Any ECM Records fans here?

Khalil Rabih Abou     Between Dusk And Dawn.jpg - - - - - Khalil Rabih Abou     Blue Camel.jpg - - - - - Khalil Rabih Abou     Tarab.jpg - - - - - Brahem Anouar     Astrakan Cafe.jpg - - - - - Brahem Anouar     Conte De L'incroyable Amour.jpg - - - - -

Brahem Anouar     Le Pas Du Chat Noir.jpg - - - - - Brahem Anouar     Le Voyage De Sahar.jpg - - - - - Brahem Anouar     The Astounding Eyes Of Rita.jpg - - - - - Brahem Anouar     Thimar.jpg - - - - -

I have quite a bit of Abou-Khalil's stuff; I almost don't consider it "Middle Eastern", certainly not in the same sense as Brahem. It often sounds just like hard bop with one of the instruments being the oud.

I would not quite go that far, but he is definitely different. Exception is the album 'nafas' which is
Distinctly oriental. Also check out Munir Bashir on the oud. He paved the way.

Thank you Andre, great albums showing. ...For me this is part of High-End Music (Avant-Garde/Jazz/International), among Classical Music too.

Similar to Abou-khalil, a great group not on ECM who perhaps should have been

[AllCDCovers]_esbjorn_svensson_trio_retrospective_the_very_best_of_est_2009_retail_cd-front.jpg[AllCDCovers]_esbjorn_svensson_trio_est_tuesday_wonderland_2006_retail_cd-front.jpg51j4jLD-8WL.jpg[AllCDCovers]_esbjorn_svensson_trio_good_morning_susie_soho_2000_retail_cd-back.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing