Any Dr. Who fans here?

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Do you have a favorite Doctor? For me the classic Doctor will always be Tom Baker with his knitted scarf. I did like David Tennant a lot.

Code:
The Doctor 	Portrayed by 		Duration 
First Doctor 	William Hartnell	1963–1966
Second Doctor 	Patrick Troughton 	1966–1969
Third Doctor 	Jon Pertwee 		1970–1974
Fourth Doctor 	Tom Baker 		1974–1981
Fifth Doctor 	Peter Davison 		1981–1984
Sixth Doctor 	Colin Baker 		1984–1986 
Seventh Doctor 	Sylvester McCoy 	1987–1989, 1996
Eighth Doctor 	Paul McGann 		1996 
Ninth Doctor 	Christopher Eccleston 	2005 
Tenth Doctor 	David Tennant 		2005–2010
Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith 		2010–Present

What do you think of the latest? Matt Smith is growing on me. He brings youth and a naive quirkyness to the Doctor, but then quirky is the Doctor.

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
My two favorites, but the scarf man wins in the end.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/3672255/Whos-the-best-Dr-Who.html

Now lets talk about the babes of the show............were there any worth remembering?

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
I must get the stupid award of the day but "who" is Dr. Who??
That's OK, you have spent a lifetime away from television bringing life into this world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw

Doctor Who is a British science fiction television programme produced by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The programme depicts the adventures of a mysterious and eccentric humanoid alien known as the Doctor who travels through time and space in his spacecraft, the TARDIS (an acronym for Time And Relative Dimension In Space), which normally appears from the exterior to be a blue 1950s British police box. With his companions, he explores time and space, faces a variety of foes and rights wrongs.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
thanks

I can honestly say I have never heard of the show. Judging from its longevity some of those Doctors must be deceased now

Old doctors never die, they just regenerate! (Sorry, in Doctor Who fan joke there!)

Yep, count me in as a fan.

As for babes, Karen Gillan and Billie Piper certainly qualify in my book! Lala Ward was quite hot too, I suppose.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Little story. Years ago I was meeting with BBC in London and we started to talk about Dr. Who. They said that they were trying to restore all the past episodes, only to find out that they could not find some of them. So they started to search to see who else had copies, going as far as consumers who had recorded personal copies! Just checked the wikipedia article and seems like some episodes are still missing and that they managed to find some of the lost episodes from broadcasters in other countries.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Indeed. Once you get used to a face, it is hard to accept the replacements even if they are as good. That is how I feel about another classic SciFi series, Star Trek. Shatner was really the best and most properly personified the original spirit of the series.

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
Indeed. Once you get used to a face, it is hard to accept the replacements even if they are as good. That is how I feel about another classic SciFi series, Star Trek. Shatner was really the best and most properly personified the original spirit of the series.

Hi Amir,

I totally agree. Shatner was my favorite of all of the Star Trek captains. He may have overacted the part at times. But, I do not think that anyone else could have played the part any better.

Rich

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
Man I feel as if I have missed out on something big here

You did--but smile: at least some of the "reimagined" (from 2005 onwards) is available on DVD and/or Blu-ray. The 2005 season is a good intro because it sticks to the original principles but doesn't assume any prior knowledge on behalf of the viewer. In other words, a newbies can watch it without feeling they're missing out on some "in" secret, and old timers won't be woeing about how they destroyed Dr Who.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Very clever show. It has featured the Cybermen, the Autons (shop window mannequins that come to life), the Sea Monsters, and, of course, the Daleks, not forgetting Davros, who is half man, half Dalek. The Master was the great nemesis of the Doctor, a relationship that reminded me of Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty. Throw in a police box (the Tardis), which is bigger in the inside than it’s outside appearance would suggest and that can travel through time. What’s not to like?

It used to scare me greatly as a kid.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing