Any benefit to adding a Typhon to an Everest? Chaining a Triton?

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
Two questions:

1) Is there any benefit to adding a Typhon to an Everest?

2) If I wanted to “separate” my noisy digital switching supplies and similar from other sources would chaining a Triton to an Everest be an effective way of doing that?

Last edited:

Ian B

Oct 19, 2020
I think the Omega XR cable is the equivalent of adding a Typhon to the Everest, which itself has significantly more DTCD than the Triton+Typhon combo. You probably would get some benefit.

The channel isolation with the Everest and Denali V2, esp with NR cables, is such you probably wouldn't need the Triton. If it did make a difference, I would use the Denali because it has better noise reduction/isolation and is smaller, cheaper.

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
According to Shunyata, connecting an Everest to a Typhon QR would be "too much of a good thing" - this is not something we recommend, too many QRBB modules in line with one another. That said, adding a TQR to a Denali 6000/v2 is a fantastic combo. In fact, with the exception of the Everest, adding the TQR to any of the Shunyata power conditioners would improve their performance.

BTW, Typhon T2 has been announced and Shunyata says that can be used with all of the power conditioners, except Everest. https://shunyata.com/products/power-distributors/reference-line-power-distributors/typhon-t2/

Reactions: Malcng

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing