An Introduction from Songer Audio

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
What a beautifully written report, Ken! Congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: songeraudio

songeraudio

Manufacturer Handmade Field Coil Speakers
Aug 3, 2022
Portland, OR
www.songeraudio.com
We're delighted to have two wonderful new partners and some of the finest brands in the world with us this week at the 2023 Capital Audiofest.

Courtesy of Hear This and Destination Sound Group, we'll host the US show debut of the LampizatOr Poseidon DAC, a new offering from one of the most exciting brands in the audio world. A state-of-the-art Taiko Audio Extreme Server will spin the tunes for us, while a gorgeous Rhapsody, the exquisite 20wpc 300B single-ended integrated amplifier from Trafomatic Audio, drives our S1 and S2 handcrafted field coil loudspeakers. This is unquestionably the most refined system we've ever paired our work with. Our thanks to @gleeds and @LampiNA for making it all possible.

Come, see us this weekend in room 740 at the Twinbrook Hilton in Rockville, MD on November 10th - 12th. We look forward to sharing this very special experience with you.

poseidon_small.png

rhapsody.jpg

taiko.jpg

songeraudio

Aug 3, 2022
Portland, OR
www.songeraudio.com
Well everyone, that's another wonderfully successful show in the books at Songer Audio! Thank you to those who attended the event and made time to listen with us, as well as to the press and our friends in the industry who have enjoyed our work, and been so good to us since our debut in Seattle 15 months ago. The time certainly has flown by.

I love this video (link below) from Audiophile Junkie - our sound signature is quite apparent, even in footage captured by a phone. Pay special attention to it at about 4:25, when he transitions to the back of the speaker. It does a perfect job of illustrating the magic of the rear-firing whizzer, and how seamless the dipole version of our field coil really is, in both directions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6WpqnZ6VyI

Please do overlook all of the fingerprints on the field coil housing.

It's hard to overstate what a synergy was achieved in our loudspeakers with a Trafomatic Rhapsody 300B integrated, the LampizatOr Poseidon DAC, and a @Taiko Audio Extreme server. It really was, even for myself, like hearing our loudspeakers as they were truly meant to be experienced for the very first time. What a beautiful, complete, graceful, moving and fully realized sound it was... I just cannot stop thinking about it. Special thanks to @gleeds of Hear This, and Fred Ainsley of Destination Sound Group and @LampiNA.

A theme we heard from attendees at the event can be distilled down to the following: "These speakers sound incredible! Do you have any future plans to pair them with vinyl?" Well, I'd hate to disappoint our fans... so look for us to do just that, very likely at the next event in the spring.

We'd also like to thank Gary Gill and Lou Hinckley for running such a perfectly executed event each year. I loved attending Capital AudioFest before I entered into the industry, and we love it even more now that we come to exhibit each year. Bravo, Gary and Lou, if you happen upon this post.

Next up, the inaugural Southwest Audio Fest in Dallas in March. We can't wait to see you there, and to share this truly extraordinary listening experience with you.

Songer Audio-003.jpg

Last edited:

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Forum Members, Ken is one of those rare people that not only gets his art but understands the science. His hand built field coils full-range drivers can reproduce sound as few others can. This was our first time showing the Rhapsody 300B integrated in the US and while I had heard Ken's creations before this time around I was gobsmacked by their sound, especially the S1 model. Imagine a full-range driver that besides their characteristic coherence has real bass and dynamics. I'll take it one step further on a number of recordings they also had an electrostatic like see through quality with exceptional detail and realism through the mids and highs!

Digital when provided by Lampi is as good as it gets but a top flight vinyl rig will add another dimension to what makes Songer speakers so special.

Ken is a special person making a special product and deserves support from the audiophile community.

Last edited:

songeraudio

Aug 3, 2022
Portland, OR
www.songeraudio.com
I just wanted to take a moment to share, with permission, a picture of our installation in the listening space of our newest S1 client in New York. This pair in Peruvian Walnut was delivered yesterday, and while they look beautiful, they happen to likewise be the finest sounding S1s that have ever left the shop. Cheers.

jeffs.jpg

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I just wanted to take a moment to share, with permission, a picture of our installation in the listening space of our newest S1 client in New York. This pair in Peruvian Walnut was delivered yesterday, and while they look beautiful, they happen to likewise be the finest sounding S1s that have ever left the shop. Cheers.

View attachment 121170
Congratulations, to you and to your client!

songeraudio

Aug 3, 2022
Portland, OR
www.songeraudio.com
Just sharing a little more good news, today - Songer Audio is proud to have been honored for the S1 this month by Materialist, a lifestyle magazine in Germany, as one of the Top 100 Masterpieces of 2024. Of course I couldn't be more grateful to Materialist, for recognizing the passion and craftsmanship that goes into all of our work.

materialist.jpg

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
A big congratulations to you, Ken!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing