All New BMW 730LD 2016.... Bentley Class Now ???

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Hahahaha

Bentley/Bugatti/Lamborghini/Audi/Skoda/Seat are all a part of the VW group, as is the VW brand. Porsche is 50% owned by the VW group too.

Of all the brands above, Skoda wins the most awards for reliability.

Oh really? That's funny because Audi is extremely reliable, too; above Porsche even. I guess it doesn't matter if VW is the owner.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
As long as I'm not paying $1000 for an oil change, but am paying $1000 for a replacement wood dash piece (solid wood) on a $200k+ car, that's fine. I might even be ok with a $1000 oil change if it meant the engine was boundlessly reliable. But that seems to be the opposite of true. Yet it appears like people assume if they're paying a lot for a car it must be a lie that they're not dependable.

But is there not irony that in our audiophile products we don't want things that break, but with cars we are much more tolerant of unreliability... and which one do we need to have more than the other typically? It's so odd how intolerant we are in the audio world, and tolerant in the auto.

I'd never buy a high-end car these days without a bumper to bumper extended warranty.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Oh really? That's funny because Audi is extremely reliable, too; above Porsche even. I guess it doesn't matter if VW is the owner.

Audi get the new gizmos a year or 2 before Skoda, so that by the time Skoda introduces it, its totally reliable. The dealer in Switzerland...AMAG, carries all the VW brands except Lambo, Bugatti, Bentley (Porshe is in the stable but at a separated Amag dealership), so the salesmen and the mechanics freely tell you this. One o the models at the Geneva Car show last week reconfirmed the same.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Odd, I enjoy the Panamera. But I like sporty sedan/station wagons.

Skoda isn't in USA.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing