Air

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Highly recommend this incredibly entertaining movie. Whoever did the soundtrack deserves an Oscar!

Reactions: Long Live Analog

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
My view on basketball-themed movies will always be tainted by Coach Carter... In a positive way, of course. From what you're saying, this one's worth a trip to the cinema, right? :)

NC Lee

Oct 23, 2014
NC
My view on basketball-themed movies will always be tainted by Coach Carter... In a positive way, of course. From what you're saying, this one's worth a trip to the cinema, right? :)
I wouldn't go as far as an Oscar, but it is a light and entertaining movie. Clever dialog, good acting, funny one minute, tugging emotion the next. Not historically accurate throughout. To above sound track: some of the songs were released later than the movie timeline.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I wouldn't go as far as an Oscar, but it is a light and entertaining movie. Clever dialog, good acting, funny one minute, tugging emotion the next. Not historically accurate throughout. To above sound track: some of the songs were released later than the movie timeline.
Well, if the movie is good and doesn't claim to be a historically-accurate documentary, then the inaccuracy is fine by me. :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
we watched this film last night and we were thoroughly entertained and not once checked our watches The story was absolutely wonderful and the music indeed was wonderful. Of interest was the story only was about the "shoe" and never about Michael who was but a brief shadow in the movie and played no part. Viola Davis as his mother was simply terrific. Ben Affleck as Director was terrific but even better in the role of Phil Knight . Even if you're not a basketball fan and know nothing about nothing MJ this film is highly entertaining and definitely worth the watch. The history of the Air Jordan brand in terms of annual revenues was simply mind boggling especially that Michael and his family receive approximately $400 million annually from the life time royalties . This plus the fact that a basketball shoe would make about $3M per year. In the first year Air Jordan sales was $126 Million.......and how about this......

In 1984 Nike Hoped To Make $3 Million In Jordan Sales During 4 Years, In 2022 They Make $3 Million Selling Jordans Every 5 Hours

This plus the fact that Phil Knight has donated over $2B since that time to charity

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
This plus the fact that Phil Knight has donated over $2B since that time to charity
i watched 'Air' a couple nights ago and agree it was very entertaining.

OTOH as a life long fan of the University of Washington athletics i've suffered through 3 decades of Phil Knight's 'charity' to the University of Oregon.

University of Oregon = Phil Knight, Inc.

just like what he did changing endorsements for athletes, which is a good thing. he also changed how college athletics works in many ways. but his control of U of O has a very dark side (he runs it).

i admit to huge degrees of sour grapes. UW gets huge dollars contributed too, as we do have a few deep pockets, but comparatively it's for academics and research. i suppose i wish Bill Gates, Paul Allen and Jeff Bezos were crazy serious UW Husky athletics fans.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing