2014 Corvette C7

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Don't know... just don't like the lines, especially the back end. Looks like the Camaro

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
True it could be better. It does look like it's designed to perform though. It looks a bit shorter than previous Corvette's. Guess we will have to wait for some real world reports to find out how it drives.

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
it's better but i feel the styling is overwrought. there are too many cut lines on the side profile and hood. the rear has way too many styling cues that seem to be just placed there. having said that, I'm sure performance would be good as the previous models have improved with each generation. baby-steps...still?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Don't know... just don't like the lines, especially the back end. Looks like the Camaro

Has anyone but me noticed that where the door of the new Camaro meets the rear quarter panel that it looks like the paint never matches regardless of color? I don't know if it's an optical illusion or if some parts of the body are painted in different places.

Old Listener

Jul 18, 2010
SF Bay area
naturelover.smugmug.com
especially the back end. Looks like the Camaro

Me too. If you are going to borrow, go up market rather than down market.

it's better but i feel the styling is overwrought. there are too many cut lines on the side profile and hood. the rear has way too many styling cues that seem to be just placed there.

A rather common failing these days.

Bill

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I like the proportions but somehow the details leave me cold. I don't like the moldings attached to the inlets and outlets. They look like plastic. They could have done away with the moldings altogether and I think the car would have looked cleaner and faster standing still. I still don't like the 'vette rear end. Too fat and in this car you can add too busy too.

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
I used to like Corvettes, on paper, until I drove a C6 in a (errr...) purposeful manner. A very difficult car to control and even more difficult to catch as it approaches its limit (and at its limit, forgetaboutit), relatively little feedback to the pilot. You'd honestly have to pay me to live with one as a primary vehicle. Hell, Point A to Point B I'd run a 'Vette against a Focus ST for pinks.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
its being refered to as the "cor-maro" by some 'vette aficionados looking like the back end of the current camaro grafted to a revised C6 front clip. dropping the round taillights (a vette hallmark) and adding C-pillars has pissed off quite a few. GM is prommising lighter weight, more performance etc. i have seat time in a C6 Z06 at 'big' willow and its a handful, particularly with traction control off but its a trilling ride and will sharpen your skills. the c7 should be better at everything.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I rented a Callaway C6 for the weekend and the whole time had this Joker'esque grin that was permanently affixed for about a week!

I'd much rather have a C6 ZR-1 than this thing..... yuck!

A.wayne

Jan 14, 2011
Front Row Center
Unfortunately those were S-L-O-W .........:)

Like all American Muscle cars, Vipers, Mustangs, Camaro's corvettes, great for a one drive, daily driver .... NAH. They all suffer from Poor ergonomics, build quality and driving dynamics. They do make for a quick thrill ride, but i have never had the desire to own any of them for long term ownership...

IMO Italian and British cars are the best for driving dynamics , German cars are the most complete , so if choosing one, then Germany wins, a mix of all three is having it all ...

:)

Last edited:

A.wayne

Jan 14, 2011
Front Row Center
Yes , 76 Corvettes were emission laden and SLOW , (memory 200bhp) well practically everything was, not just the corvettes and why mid-late seventies anything is not desirable...

remember the 85MPH speedo in later years ...:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing