WP5.1 issue

tuyenlt

May 21, 2023
Hi everyone,

I am a new member. I have an issue with my WP5.1
One of my speakers is louder than the other. I have tried the options (swap the amp, change the speaker wire, change the signal wire, ...), however, still not solve the above problem. I think, 1 of the speaker lost mid-range. (low and highs remain)
Has anyone encountered this problem? Please help me to solve this problem.
Thank you!

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
Hi everyone,

I am a new member. I have an issue with my WP5.1
One of my speakers is louder than the other. I have tried the options (swap the amp, change the speaker wire, change the signal wire, ...), however, still not solve the above problem. I think, 1 of the speaker lost mid-range. (low and highs remain)
Has anyone encountered this problem? Please help me to solve this problem.
Thank you!
Hello Tuyenlt,

This happens frequently with Wilson speakers... You have a blown a resistor. You have to buy new one and change it. Ask your dealer to help if you don't know how to do it.

Attachments

• Watt_Puppy_5__19804.jpg
    Watt_Puppy_5__19804.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: tuyenlt

tuyenlt

May 21, 2023
Hello Tuyenlt,

This happens frequently with Wilson speakers... You have a blown a resistor. You have to buy new one and change it. Ask your dealer to help if you don't know how

Hello Tuyenlt,

This happens frequently with Wilson speakers... You have a blown a resistor. You have to buy new one and change it. Ask your dealer to help if you don't know how to do it.
Thanks Stef for your info. Please let me know where the resistor placed?

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
Thanks Stef for your info. Please let me know where the resistor placed?

Or contact Wilson Audio / your dealer if you can't do it. Anyway you need to buy new resistors. Maybe change it ALL at the same time.

Reactions: tuyenlt

tuyenlt

May 21, 2023

Or contact Wilson Audio / your dealer if you can't do it. Anyway you need to buy new resistors. Maybe change it ALL at the same time.
I will check where the resistance of WP5 is located (can't find in the manual nor anywhere :( )

rangda

Mar 24, 2022
I will check where the resistance of WP5 is located (can't find in the manual nor anywhere :( )
For the W/P 6's the midrange/tweeter resistors are under a plate located on the bottom of the Watt. When looking at the plate it's pretty obvious that it can be taken off by removing screws. Check there.

tuyenlt

May 21, 2023
For the W/P 6's the midrange/tweeter resistors are under a plate located on the bottom of the Watt. When looking at the plate it's pretty obvious that it can be taken off by removing screws. Check the
There are no plates at the bottom of the Watt. There are many screws as shown in the picture :(

Attachments

• 20230326_085401.jpg
    20230326_085401.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 14

Scubadude

Jul 17, 2023
Undo all the cap screws on the perimeter and keep them one side. The top two (frontmost) remaining screws is used to keep a lead balast in place. Those should remain in place but the other four must also be removed. They mount the crossover to the base. Keep these 4 screws seperate as they are fine thread. I've seen people recommend a rubber mallet to dislodge the base, but I used an old credit card to wedge the bottom off. Assembly is the reverse, making sure to attach the crossover to the base before refitting it. Some sort of support (stack of books) helps.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing