Would you use this to increase the efficiency of your power delivery?

Does this device do what it says it does

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
It seems that Amir's intent with this post was to troll, and bring out the subjectivists, who I assume were expected to fall for this idiocy.
Clearly, we did not!
What say you?

I think this thread was made so Amir could post what's below...

I just looked at my power meter and it is clearly spinning slower after application of these wipes. You guys can make fun of me all you want. But I trust my eyes, not what some armchair engineer or skeptic tells me.

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
Nothern California Wine Country
I think this thread was made so Amir could post what's below...
"I trust my eyes, not what some armchair engineer or skeptic tells me."

I think you are spot on- he intended to be completely disingenuous and cynical. I believe he really means you can not trust your eyes in this context, and by implication, your ears when it comes to audio.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
"I trust my eyes, not what some armchair engineer or skeptic tells me."

I think you are spot on- he intended to be completely disingenuous and cynical. I believe he really means you can not trust your eyes in this context, and by implication, your ears when it comes to audio.

You have to give us some credit as only 10 people voted in the poll, which should be ignored in order to give less credence to this thread, which should have been deleted as soon as it was posted. Amir is a pretty good troll...

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
In another thread (http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...tentially-reduce-noise&p=391514#post391514)on this forum, witchdoctor post this link: http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/powercords.html, where Caelin Gabriel discusses why PC's make difference. Many of us subjectionists use and believe in his products because we hear and like their results.

Amir- are you equating trusting our ears to your observation of your power meter spinning more slowly after the application of these "wipes"?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amir- are you equating trusting our ears to your observation of your power meter spinning more slowly after the application of these "wipes"?
The OP is about a product that improves flow of electricity. They have talked about their technology and I showed another party talking about the same. I don't have the tools or knowledge to measure if electrons/protons change as they do. But the argument seems to make a lot of sense to me. If you align the particles right at the source, from then on they should flow better. Think of a water filter at the entrance of your house.

Further, I am saying that after application of said wipes, my meter is running slow and I notice my light bulbs are shining brighter. I am asked to all of a sudden become an electrical engineer, know what a controlled load, is, etc. instead of trusting my own senses. And statements and testimonials of the manufacturer.

You asked me to understand your point of view regarding how you built your system. Yet I am not seeing anyone sympathetic to my logic and reasoning here. Nine (9) people have voted against me in the poll and that doesn't sit right with me. How am I supposed to sit here read comments like if I believe this someone wants to sell me a bridge??? I don't have space in my home for a bridge. Nor do I have any waterways to want cross with that. It is all very hostile commentary when all I want to do is share my wonderful discovery of this product which heretofore, people did not know about it.

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
Kill A Watt is a watt meter available at Home Depot for about $20. It plugs into a wall receptacle and allows you to plug any common device such as a heater or lamp (controlled, constant load). It reads out the exact # of watts being consumed. No EE degree required. Now wipe the power cord supplying the device with the magic stuff. You should instantly observe a reduction in the watts being consumed if this product isn't snake oil. Thus a valid scientific test any consumer can easily do at home, and if it yeilds your claimed results, we will all probably become believers.

http://www.p3international.com/products/p4400.html

http://www.p3international.com/products/images/main_p4400.jpg main_p4400.jpg

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Nothing cheap like that is going to maintain the purity of the aligned electrons/protons. They have computers in them that cause noise and jitter and that completely negates the value of the product in OP.

As to me claiming something, I am trusting my senses. If I can't trust my senses, how can I live with myself?

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
Nothing cheap like that is going to maintain the purity of the aligned electrons/protons. They have computers in them that cause noise and jitter and that completely negates the value of the product in OP.
I completely disagree. If the magic wipe product does what you claim, you will see a reduction in the amount of power being consumed. This device is no different than your utility supplied meter which you claim is running slower, without knowing if the slower dial spin is due to something in your home of which you are unaware being turned off.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I suggest that a moderator stops this absolute nonsense thread. IMHO it is childish and disgusting, with no purpose at all except trolling WBF.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I completely disagree. If the magic wipe product does what you claim, you will see a reduction in the amount of power being consumed. This device is no different than your utility supplied meter which you claim is running slower, without knowing if the slower dial spin is due to something in your home of which you are unaware being turned off.
The meter is prior to my breaker panel. The device you suggested is put in after. It is like telling me you can AB two audio cables with a cheap switchbox. Would you accept that?

Don Hills

Jun 20, 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
Kill A Watt is a watt meter available at Home Depot for about $20. ... Thus a valid scientific test any consumer can easily do at home, and if it yeilds your claimed results, we will all probably become believers. ...

By your own admission, you're a long-time, hard-line subjectivist. You only believe your ears, rejecting measurements and the scientific method. It's deliciously ironic to see you now espousing objectivity, measurements and the scientific method. Hopefully you can see that Amir is simply holding up a mirror to you.

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
While an admitted subjectivist, I don't reject science and hard evidence. In fact I am a believer in the scientific method, and will use whatever scientific tool will help me understand and solve a problem. Caelin Gabriel of Shunyata also uses this approach, and I believe with fantastic results. He is a true audiophile: he listens and measures, makes changes, and then listens and measures again. Here is a great article that supports my (and his) approach by Micheal Fremer:

DTCD Measures Up
http://www.theaudiobeat.com/visits/shunyata_visit_interview.htm

Many skeptics dismiss power cables as pure snake oil. I believe there is real science behind the Shunyata products, and I can hear the results. They have taken my system which was already great, to a significantly higher level. Thus my mantra: Trust your ears, but measure when you can.

Last edited:

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
Hopefully you can see that Amir is simply holding up a mirror to you.

Holding a mirror up to me? Hardly! And, I don't believe for a moment he thinks the "Magic Wipes" are anything but snake oil. What's ironic is that he rejects any suggestion of a scientific test.

Fiddle Faddle

Aug 7, 2015
Australia
I have rubbed all my wires with it. The difference is literally night and day on the lamps that I have tried it on. I would put them on the wire in the morning with sun shining and lamp would not be so bright. I would then let it break in for 12 or so hours and at night, the lamp would be so much brighter. Life like too. Almost like the sun.

Did you double blind test the light bulb? At the very least, I think this product deserves some sort of more formal treatment in the Measurement Forum. You should ask the manufacturer for a sample and measure the improvement in efficiency for us :D

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Did you double blind test the light bulb?
No. That would be undue stress on my ability to tell the improvement. I trust my eyes, thank you very much.

At the very least, I think this product deserves some sort of more formal treatment in the Measurement Forum. You should ask the manufacturer for a sample and measure the improvement in efficiency for us :D
I have no use for measurements for such an obvious improvement. If someone doesn't believe me, they can buy the product on their own and measure it. But don't tell me about it. I don't want to have such pseudoscience nonsense pushed down my throat. Real science doesn't work that way. Science is all about questioning and not everything remotely is known about how we see. There can for example be photon absorption through the skin.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Did some of you have watched this video?

I did, and the guy sounds believable. But I'm not sure 100%...until I see the real valid science with measurements to confirm one side or the other.
For now I'm remaining open minded and won't invest $15 to check it out. I let someone else do it for themselves, and if they can come up with real proof scientific evidence, supported by concrete measurements that all can read graphically, then and only then I will succumb to the new truth in believing real performed electron science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing