Would you use this to increase the efficiency of your power delivery?

Does this device do what it says it does

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
The idea of a more efficient electron 'flow' seems plausible, but how that is achieved by coating the breaker panel needs a lot more explanation. It would seem more plausible if there was some way to coat bare wire with it, and then turn that wire into audio cables, both power and interconnect. Whether it would work or not is unknown. Obviously, how the substance actually can align electrons needs an explanation. At this point, even at $15, I wouldn't buy it.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I am somewhat surprised at the response to this ad on a Forum that is all about high end audio and subjective evaluation. Their are "tweaks" that audiophiles use/perform that are much, much more ludicrous than what this ad recommends and regardless of how foolish many of us think those might be, others claim to hear the same "improvements".

The only difference between what this product offers and what an equivalent audio "tweak" would offer is the price. The audio equivalent would be at least $500.

I never cease to be amazed.
You say that because you have never tried it!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
The idea of a more efficient electron 'flow' seems plausible, but how that is achieved by coating the breaker panel needs a lot more explanation. It would seem more plausible if there was some way to coat bare wire with it, and then turn that wire into audio cables, both power and interconnect. Whether it would work or not is unknown. Obviously, how the substance actually can align electrons needs an explanation. At this point, even at $15, I wouldn't buy it.
I have rubbed all my wires with it. The difference is literally night and day on the lamps that I have tried it on. I would put them on the wire in the morning with sun shining and lamp would not be so bright. I would then let it break in for 12 or so hours and at night, the lamp would be so much brighter. Life like too. Almost like the sun.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Nice troll thread. :D

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Clearly, Amir is messing (provoking?) with us!

Trolling and playing dumb? Semi-insulting? Nah... not Amir! ;)

However, I do see the relationship to Machina Dynamica-type stuff...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I have rubbed all my wires with it. The difference is literally night and day on the lamps that I have tried it on. I would put them on the wire in the morning with sun shining and lamp would not be so bright. I would then let it break in for 12 or so hours and at night, the lamp would be so much brighter. Life like too. Almost like the sun.

Sounds more like you were rubbing your eyes. :)

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
Nothern California Wine Country
Trolling and playing dumb? Semi-insulting? Nah... not Amir! ;)

However, I do see the relationship to Machina Dynamica-type stuff...

It seems that Amir's intent with this post was to troll, and bring out the subjectivists, who I assume were expected to fall for this idiocy.
Clearly, we did not!
What say you?

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It seems that Amir's intent with this post was to troll, and bring out the subjectivists, who I assume were expected to fall for this idiocy. Clearly, we did not! What say you?
I just looked at my power meter and it is clearly spinning slower after application of these wipes. You guys can make fun of me all you want. But I trust my eyes, not what some armchair engineer or skeptic tells me.

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
I just looked at my power meter and it is clearly spinning slower after application of these wipes. You guys can make fun of me all you want. But I trust my eyes, not what some armchair engineer or skeptic tells me.

Spinning slower than what? Unless you have a calibrated constant load, such a statement is meaningless.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
It seems that Amir's intent with this post was to troll, and bring out the subjectivists, who I assume were expected to fall for this idiocy. Clearly, we did not! What say you?

Common sense prevails.

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
Perhaps it's time to state my position and what I think this thread is really all about:

I am, and have been, for the last 50+ years, a subjectivist. I listen, not measure. And then I listen to (and read) the opinions of others I respect. Then, I make changes, listen some more, and make more changes. I have had some EE/Audiophile friends/mentors who have helped me understand what I have heard, and understand why. I have attended many high end audio shows and heard some great systems. Through this process, my system has evolved to an extremely high level, IMHO, world class. It includes many tweaks which the "objectionists" would dismiss as "snake oil". Nonetheless I believe my system has evolved to where it reproduces recorded music as close to real as possible. I regularly attend live music in San Francisco at Davies Symphony Hall, SF Jazz Center, etc., and actually prefer my home system because I don't have to suffer crowds, distractions, poor PA, and other issues.

In the early days of high end audio (1960's) Julian Hirsch (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Hirsch) was a respected audio critic and writer. He was an absolute objectionist. He believed measurements were everything. If it measured well, nothing else mattered. "All the good gear (which measured well) sounded the same." Today, he has been totally discredited. "It was his technical approach that at times drew disfavor from other experts, who asserted that he so admired each new line of speakers or amplifiers that he ignored the aesthetic quality of the sounds coming from them. It was, his critics said at the time, like judging a wine by chemical assays." Measurements are only as good as their inherent limits. I trust my ears, and the ears of a few others. I believe my system exhibits the results. The pleasure I enjoy from listening to great music reproduced well is the all the reward I need.

Thus, I believe the audio skeptics amoung us are missing out on what can be achieved!

Amir's op was an attempt to discredit subjectivists with a link to pure snake oil. I object!

Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
How different is that tweak from many Audio only-tweaks or products? And how different are the observations?

ChrisH

Aug 25, 2015
I just bought 2 cases. One for my restaurant and the other for my liquor store. Perhaps I can save even more money by wiping down all of my refrigeration, too! Hmmm....I wonder if this would make my employees operate more efficiently....Maybe a daily wipe-down before a shift starts will be in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing