World Cup predictions anyone?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It worked!

It was tense....really tense.

So glad this monkey is off our back. Maybe it'll bode well for a Final too.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It appears that Angel Di Maria is out for Argentina, due to a tear in his right thigh.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
THE CYNIC predicts fires, looting, violence, overturned cars and general destruction of property when the winner is announced and the games come to a close.

Nice going and great sportsmanship, guys.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Historically, I have seen news clips of this occurring all over the world and LESS so in the Bronx where the soccer fans aren't as willing to kill each other over the game, which is the key word here as the fans are concerned. It may be a business for the teams, but it is a game as far as the fans are concerned.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Historically, I have seen news clips of this occurring all over the world and LESS so in the Bronx where the soccer fans aren't as willing to kill each other over the game, which is the key word here as the fans are concerned. It may be a business for the teams, but it is a game as far as the fans are concerned.
Unfortunately, this is life or death to many. I'm not condoning it.
In the U.S., people are passionate about sports, but it is a totally different level when it comes to football in the rest of the world. That is where the "fan" in "fanatic" really is derived, I think.
I was just joking about the Bronx, which is, historically, a relatively safe place to wonder.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
We had a nice tread going...too bad somebody is always willing to step in with gross exaggerations of the negative kind. Has it happened? yes! Will it happen again? Maybe! But this is not the thread for it.

Have a nice day!:mad:

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
image.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
10494663_10152120284677805_5803374918533102835_n.jpg

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I knew Germany could easily better Brazil, but not THAT easily...
They deserved it.
I just hope that with this monumental defeat, Brazil will learn that in order to win you need real, solid hard work, and not the famous "jeitinho" that we're known for... And I'm not only talking about football...

alexandre

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It's a sad day for Brazil and their fans, and no team should ever have to suffer this kind of humiliation, but they were asleep. Scolari has to take a huge amount of responsibility for this.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
It's a sad day for Brazil and their fans, and no team should ever have to suffer this kind of humiliation, but they were asleep. Scolari has to take a huge amount of responsibility for this.

Scolari wasn't playing. It's all the fault of the players. Having said that, there was no way it would have been anything less than 3-0, even with Neymar and Thiago. I think that Holland will have a tough final with Germany.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Scolari wasn't playing. It's all the fault of the players. Having said that, there was no way it would have been anything less than 3-0, even with Neymar and Thiago. I think that Holland will have a tough final with Germany.

If it does indeed end up being a GER-NED final then both teams will have to bring their A-game. It won't be easy for either of them.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
If it does indeed end up being a GER-NED final then both teams will have to bring their A-game. It won't be easy for either of them.

Keep in mind the Dutch has their worse game of the tournament against Australia after having demolished Spain. Germany struggled mightily against Ghana and Algeria and even USA. This game does not predict anything about how Germany will perform against either Argentina or Holland. Brazil gave away that first goal with incredibly poor defending, and was shell shocked afterwards.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Keep in mind the Dutch has their worse game of the tournament against Australia after having demolished Spain. Germany struggled mightily against Ghana and Algeria and even USA. This game does not predict anything about how Germany will perform against either Argentina or Holland. Brazil gave away that first goal with incredibly poor defending, and was shell shocked afterwards.

Agreed. The more one looks back the more one must realize that Brazil was a mediocre team. Neymar is that kind of good, sort of like having a Lebron James in your team: Remember the Lebron Cavaliers... Without him and maybe Thiago .. the team mediccity was glaring to the tune of 4 goals in less than 10 minutes. Iwas not expecting that though .. No one was.

As for the Germans against the other team... Argentina shares he same weaknesses but they still have Messi one of the best player to ever play the game of football. If they were to play Germany it will not be that kind of debacle if he is around.
Surprising defeat, I feel for the Brazilian people who had to endure this humiliation.. Down with Scolari!!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Congratulations Germany. Congratulations Klose. Boy, I wonder what Ronaldo was thinking. Talk about irony.

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com

No, it's not the fault of the players. Who picked them in the first place? Scolari!

As mucha as americans don't admit it, there's a lot of strategy and planning in football (ermm.. soccer). And Brazil is stuck in the 50s, with the "brute force, brute talent" mentality. No, it takes A LOT more than individual skill these days to win a World Cup, specially one where *Costa Rica* is going as far as they went.

Germany is more than an adversary, they should be an example. But, knowing how brazilians think, they'll put the blame on an individual (or two), and keep doing things the usual way. They'll find the next "saviour" (coach, highly skilled player, etc.), until we find ourselves lucky again and win another WC again (like we did in 2002).

Now, go Holland! :p

alexandre

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Congratulations Germany. Congratulations Klose. Boy, I wonder what Ronaldo was thinking. Talk about irony.

The Klose x Ronaldo thing exemplifies perfectly my problem with Brazil's mentality.

Most people say Klose is not a skilled guy, that will be forgotten in 10 years, while Ronaldo was a very skilled player, who will be remembered for generations (at least I'll remember the time he went out with 3 transvestitites and refused to pay them...)

Anyway, the point is that Germany is a TEAM, and Klose is just the tip of that iceberg. He's just there to conclude the plays. He's just a cog. With Ronaldo, he's the "saviour", the master, the whole team counts on him working his magic, to score. Similarities with current "magician" Neymar, anyone?

It's a particularly brazilian trait, to expect one (or two) highly skilled guys to move things forward, but it's also a highly dangerous one too.

Klose's record is a victory of team work over individuality. I hope the brazilian team sees the writing on the wall, and change gears accordingly...

alexandre

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing