With the rapid changes in DAC technology, which is most MUSICAL? New or old design?

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I have the msb with galaxy and the UMT plus with diamond and dual PSU,s . I have the new level 7 lampizator on order
I cannot comment on dac,s I have not heard. But I do believe every word Steve n says though .

Al

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I also wonder that once the electricity is cleaned up, adding isolation footers (such as stillpoints, etc.), and slapping a great outboard clock on an old musical dac would make it compete with what people consider state of the art today...

No, because once you clean up the electricity, and add vibration footers to today's best DACs then they get even better. It's an arms race. :)

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I disagree. I have two USB converters and two power regerantors. There is not one dac that I have tried that does not benifit from this in abig way. I think that the hiend dacs of today have already gone through these steps .

Al

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Hey guys when making your opinions, can you let us know what you are using for a source for your DACs? Transport, server, etc? I know it would help me with my personal experiences in trying to gauge where you all are coming from if I understood what you were putting into your DACs. thanks

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
TOTALDAC D1Dual/Reclocker combo with D1 USB Cable/Adapter and associated D1 XLR/RCA adapter , If we are Talking about musicality, this combo is superior by far to all.
IMHO nothing compare to.

Last edited:

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Hey guys when making your opinions, can you let us know what you are using for a source for your DACs? Transport, server, etc? I know it would help me with my personal experiences in trying to gauge where you all are coming from if I understood what you were putting into your DACs. thanks

My source is Mac Mini with puremusic player. D1 dual is used without Pre, directly to Spectral Amp.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing