Wilson Colors

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
What happened to Desert Silver ? My fav color.

Reactions: Joe P

MJB

Mar 10, 2013
Mine are Obsidian Black.

Also gone is the Macadamia Brown.

The GT Silver looks good.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
A very nice and wide array of colors!

(But I have learned the hard way not to trust colors viewed on computer or telephone displays; especially gray which is a fiendishly complex color, as gray can lean brown or lean purple or lean blue or lean beige.)

I’ve learned that one must take physical samples into daylight to really see the color.

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
What happened to Desert Silver ? My fav color.

All of these new colors are an expansion of what Wilson offers.

Desert Silver, or any other color we have painted previously, is still available. In fact, Quartz is Desert Silver with extra flake.

Wilson will also custom match a color sample provided at an upcharge.

Bottom line is that we now offer over 70 colors in the Standard, Upgrade and Premium categories and an unlimited number of custom colors beyond that.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think colors are best seen where sounds are best heard...in the listening room, when the music is playing.

This is a very good point Bob. I agree. This is the second part of my process.

I like to see what the color truly looks like by seeing a physical sample in the daylight. Then one must view that same physical sample in situ to experience the vagaries of how the sun comes and goes in the listening room and reflections and shadows and so on, or to see the sample In the purely artificial light of a listening room with no natural, exterior light.

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
This is a very good point Bob. I agree. This is the second part of my process.

I like to see what the color truly looks like by seeing a physical sample in the daylight. Then one must view that same physical sample in situ to experience the vagaries of how the sun comes and goes in the listening room and reflections and shadows and so on, or to see the sample In the purely artificial light of a listening room with no natural, exterior light.

I only care what mine look like in the dark ......invisible.

I love the color of my speakers. They change with the time of day and the direction in which you are seeing them

Reactions: MJB

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Especially if you have synesthesia...!!!

That's...a good point.

Synesthesia is a condition in which one sense (for example, hearing) is simultaneously perceived as if by one or more additional senses such as sight. Another form of synesthesia joins objects such as letters, shapes, numbers or people's names with a sensory perception such as smell, color or flavor.

The color has to match your decor and pleansantness from your eyes and state-of-mind with all type of different music listening.

Joe P

May 11, 2019
WA Dealers can order samples like these if you want to see the colors in your listening room:
WA Colors.jpg

Reactions: MJB

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing