Wilson Audio Downloads!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Wilson Audio downloads. Some of Dave's greatest recordings available for download soon!

Was great mastering some of the best tapes I've ever heard!!

Server.jpg

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
James Judd conducting Mahler Das Lied will be in there, won't it?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Bruce,
Thanks for letting us know. I have a few of the LP's, the Chamber music ones are indeed very good. Will they be issued in DSD or PCM?

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Bruce,
Thanks for letting us know. I have a few of the LP's, the Chamber music ones are indeed very good. Will they be issued in DSD or PCM?

We are doing all of these in DSD. Hopefully they will be offering both formats.

Last edited:

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Bruce. This comes as bittersweet news to me. On one hand, it's great that Dave will be offering downloads...especially if you are doing some of the work. I've heard the results of your work before and was highly impressed. With that said, it saddens me that they will only be available on download. I'm not set up to burn a DSD and getting the DL to get to the rig from the desktop requires wires I'm not willing to have laying across the floor [3 1/2 year old running around].

Any chance for a hard copy of these recordings?

Tom

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
awesome! i hope this puts a fat dent in the obscene collector pricing for what the OOP CDs fetch. any plans for vinyl releases?

Last edited:

A.wayne

Jan 14, 2011
Front Row Center
Hello, Bruce. This comes as bittersweet news to me. On one hand, it's great that Dave will be offering downloads...especially if you are doing some of the work. I've heard the results of your work before and was highly impressed. With that said, it saddens me that they will only be available on download. I'm not set up to burn a DSD and getting the DL to get to the rig from the desktop requires wires I'm not willing to have laying across the floor [3 1/2 year old running around].

Any chance for a hard copy of these recordings?

Tom

Contact WA, if enuff people are requesting CD's , who knows .....!

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Wow, great news !

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
I've got mint copies of LPs: W-806, W-808, W-8315, W-8417, W-8419 and W-8521, if someone can't wait for the downloads.

Last edited:

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Beethoven Piano Sonata.... a very well documented performance! Wish all labels had the attention to detail as Dave Wilson has!

Wilson2.jpg

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Beethoven Piano Sonata.... a very well documented performance! Wish all labels had the attention to detail as Dave Wilson has!

Thanks Bruce - it was great to be able to know the exact positioning of the instruments during the recording. Do you have more photos like this one? ;)

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
You thrill our hearts Bruce when you say that they will be offered in DSD!

C'mon a few tracks at 2xDSD too. Just a sample at least.

Thanks

Neville

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
where's the violin in a piano sonata

View attachment 8263

I love it, it just shows what people are attentive to - I might not hear the difference between 96kHz vs 192kHz (not yet at least), but somehow, this would never escape my attention: where's the violin in a piano Sonata, especially it being op96!!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
..come to think of it: they are called violin sonatas, even though beethoven called them sonatas for piano and violin!

Yes, I also love these LPs - great recordings.
Beethoven called them "Sonatas for Piano with Violin," not, as they can seem in a conventional violin recital, violin solos with piano accompaniment.

Paradoxically, the much larger sound of the modern piano tends to recede behind the violin, while the smaller but brighter sound of the fortepiano encourages a more equal partnership. The violin-especially when vibrato is used sparingly-can easily weave in and out of the texture, shifting quickly between a soloistic and accompanimental role.

italics quoted from http://www.elizabethwallfisch.com/page4.htm

tiff_needle

May 10, 2012
Hi Bruce,

I just saw that these recordings are already available on HDT but only as PCM.

The sampling frequencies made available suggest that these where converted from a DSD master.

Can you confirm? Did you use the Grimm A/D?

If so can you tell us if we'll ever have acces to the DSD encoded files?

DSD64 "only"?

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
The sampling frequencies made available suggest that these where converted from a DSD master.

Can you confirm? Did you use the Grimm A/D?

If so can you tell us if we'll ever have acces to the DSD encoded files?

DSD64 "only"?

I did the transfers with several converters and the Wilsons chose the files done from a modified EMM Labs ADC8 IV into a Sonoma workstation at DSD64fs. The DSD files should be available soon!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing