William Ralston Listening Library upgrades to Alexandria XLF

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
So it appears that MF has 'upgraded' to the XLF's...I guess DW doesn't have the same restrictions on 'accommodations' as Herve Delatraz;), LOL.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Guess they contracted audiophilia nervosa and upgraditis. Maybe Wilson just thought it would be good publicity and donated the upgrades.

Now everybody is going to have to go back and listen to everything all over again.

Last edited:

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
The title is: I Can See Music Everywhere

This is a story of friendship, tradition, and the power of shared music.

How did an experience listening to classical music in a professor's living room at the University of the South in Sewanee Tennessee change a young student’s life? An experience so indelible that forty years later it galvanized him to spearhead the creation of a campus listening library with 40,000 recordings, showcased in a million-dollar room with state-of-the-art audio. What impact does this unique academic facility have on the lives of the current "ear-bud generation" of students?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRezeGgg4pQ

Last edited:

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
The title is: I Can See Music Everywhere

This is a story of friendship, tradition, and the power of shared music.

How did an experience listening to classical music in a professor's living room at the University of the South in Sewanee Tennessee change a young student’s life? An experience so indelible that forty years later it galvanized him to spearhead the creation of a campus listening library with 40,000 recordings, showcased in a million-dollar room with state-of-the-art audio. What impact does this unique academic facility have on the lives of the current "ear-bud generation" of students?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRezeGgg4pQ

Debby,

Great video! Congrats to WA for being a part of this project.

I wish our local university would build a library like this instead of wasting millions on a losing football program.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I wish our local university would build a library like this instead of wasting millions on a losing football program.

How do you know that your losing football progam isn't still generating millions of dollars in revenue? Most football programs pay for lots of other sports at major colleges-winning or no.

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
How do you know that your losing football progam isn't still generating millions of dollars in revenue? Most football programs pay for lots of other sports at major colleges-winning or no.

The football team's record so far this year is 1-7, and the Athletic Department is $10M in the red.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Oh. That's not good. But since every student is overcharged by 1000% for books and tutition and most of the teachers/professors make crap wages, I'm sure the university has plenty of money even if the AD doesn't.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing