Will there be a war on bug chasers with obamacare?

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I'm confused. What does a fringe, self-destructive, and possibly fictitious practice have to do with the Affordable Care Act?

Tim

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
There are legitimate questions about coverage of self inflicted destructive behavior that is happening on a massive scale; obesity, smoking, alcoholism, motor cycling without helmets, unprotected sex with a $15 hooker, drug abuse. To bring "bug chasing" into the discussion as a legitimate issue is just nonsense strictly aimed at dramatic effect, not substance.

Why isn't it legitimate? It exists and according to the article its spreading. Yes, I do find the topic dramatic but I also think that bug chasers and some other bizarre people will have an affect on us and we'll have to pay price if we ignore them.

david

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Why isn't it legitimate? It exists and according to the article its spreading. Yes, I do find the topic dramatic but I also think that bug chasers and some other bizarre people will have an affect on us and we'll have to pay price if we ignore them.

david

I'm paying a price just reading this hyperbole. I'm out.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA

david

Important stuff. I think the bug chasing trend is rapidly spinning out of control. Vigilance is of the essence. I suggest you go on a nature retreat with Phil Robertson, get to the bottom of the issue, propose a solution and come out with a public statement. Sarah Palin is sure to explain your position on Fox.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
I remember a Rolling Stone article on this issue some years ago. It left an impression. I was never sure it was real.

Bruce

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010

david

Come on, David. Give us a momentary flash of intellectual honesty. You find the issue inflammatory, and you're trolling for attention, aren't you? You might even be smart enough to know that linking it to Obamacare and war is just an irrelevant, transparent, disingenuous attempt to stir up some stink.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing