Why buy a CD Transport?

rando

Sep 22, 2019
No doubt my cheapest solution is to send my smallish collection out for copying and convert the DSD to PCM.

Short of temporarily moving the 205 into your listening room as a mid-Winter project?

Taking into consideration ripping SACD to .iso has always been, certainly isn't commercially viable in most countries, an unauthorized hack on the Sony/Philips format. No "ripping service" other than of RBCD exists that I'm aware of.

For the sake of conversation, the second cheapest option is a $5 Sony Blu-Ray player on the AS list from a thrift shop combined with a used Atlona AT-HD570 HDMI audio de-embedder. Which has the usually undesired feature of outputting 192/24 from SACD data. Allowing you to compare the RBCD layer to the SACD stereo layer as they can differ. If this suitably inspires you, attempting the conversion at home yourself is possible.

The cheapest option involves a word meaning "fast racing stream of water". I have severe doubts it interests you.

Echolane

Apr 24, 2018
California
Short of temporarily moving the 205 into your listening room as a mid-Winter project?

Taking into consideration ripping SACD to .iso has always been, certainly isn't commercially viable in most countries, an unauthorized hack on the Sony/Philips format. No "ripping service" other than of RBCD exists that I'm aware of.

For the sake of conversation, the second cheapest option is a $5 Sony Blu-Ray player on the AS list from a thrift shop combined with a used Atlona AT-HD570 HDMI audio de-embedder. Which has the usually undesired feature of outputting 192/24 from SACD data. Allowing you to compare the RBCD layer to the SACD stereo layer as they can differ. If this suitably inspires you, attempting the conversion at home yourself is possible.

The cheapest option involves a word meaning "fast racing stream of water". I have severe doubts it interests you.

There is a ripping service in Colorado. in addition to regular CDs, they do SACDs, DVD-A and Blu-ray at $5 per. That interests me.
http://www.goldeneardigital.com/contact.html

Moving the 205 is always an option but it’s in frequent use, it’s heavy, and it’s a real PITA in general to get behind my stereo systems to recable things. I can always listen in my secondary system, but it really can’t compare to the kind of music my Quad speakers produce.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing