Whats's best for me...

lilak5

Mar 29, 2012
Hi,

my second post here...

Since a few days I have a Bottlehead tube amp up an running with my Nagra T. Before I listened with a A810 with modified line amps ad a Telefunken M15 (no A). The Nagra with stock electronics was not usable for me, only clean and hollow.
At the moment that is the best for me. Great dynamic and details. Much better than before. I can not stop listening... (and I am not payed by Bottlehead)

I am enjoying to listen to music since over 25 years, but this is the best I ever had.

There were so many black and silver boxes and huge speakers and cables arm thick at the High-End in Munich. But the sound was poor, most of what I heard. Is is it the same in the US?

Thanks a lot.

/peter

PS: Please excuse my bad English...

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hi,

my second post here...

Since a few days I have a Bottlehead tube amp up an running with my Nagra T. Before I listened with a A810 with modified line amps ad a Telefunken M15 (no A). The Nagra with stock electronics was not usable for me, only clean and hollow.
At the moment that is the best for me. Great dynamic and details. Much better than before. I can not stop listening... (and I am not payed by Bottlehead)

I am enjoying to listen to music since over 25 years, but this is the best I ever had.

There were so many black and silver boxes and huge speakers and cables arm thick at the High-End in Munich. But the sound was poor, most of what I heard. Is is it the same in the US?

Thanks a lot.

/peter

PS: Please excuse my bad English...

Welcome Peter, good to have another tapehead aboard! :)

Shows are totally hit and miss anywhere :( How long have you taken to set up your room? :) Manufacturers have a day at most :(

lilak5

Mar 29, 2012
Dear Myles,

thanks a lot for the answer especially from you.

I was only a visitor. A friend of mine was working for Leema Acoustics, UK and I spend 2,5 days at the 2 shows going on.
They probably only had half a day but they are professional knowing the equipment?!

Most impressing, for me were the speakers from AudioMachina, USA. Do you know them?

Regards

/peter

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Hi Peter,

Nice gear ;)
What amplification and loudspeakers are in your system :confused:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---Hi Peter, and Welcome!

Bob

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Dear Myles,

thanks a lot for the answer especially from you.

I was only a visitor. A friend of mine was working for Leema Acoustics, UK and I spend 2,5 days at the 2 shows going on.
They probably only had half a day but they are professional knowing the equipment?!

Most impressing, for me were the speakers from AudioMachina, USA. Do you know them?

Regards

/peter

Sorry can't help you on the AM. Not wide distribution, even over here. They may have been at RMAF but don't remember ever hearing them.

lilak5

Mar 29, 2012
Thanks a lot for your comments and the welcome.

I have Burmester amps (808 and 911) with ML Summit speakers.
Heard the AM speakers at home last weekend. Very good.

regards

/peter

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks a lot for your comments and the welcome.

I have Burmester amps (808 and 911) with ML Summit speakers.
Heard the AM speakers at home last weekend. Very good.

regards

/peter

Another ML owner who knows how to properly drive their speakers! Welcome.

lilak5

Mar 29, 2012
The room has about 90 m² and a hight of 3,8m (sorry no feet...)
OK for the ML:)?

/peter

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing