What's Spinning Tonight?

I am listening to this on CD for the first time, it was just delivered this morning; it was suggested by Ron:

51XYoEPMYUL._SS500_.jpg

Rich

Ron, you mean on "Glass Hammer - If" album? ...No, it ain't Jon Anderson singing, but Jon Davison (lead vocals).

Hi Bob,

Rob knew that, but he had suggested that Jon Davison sounds much like Jon Anderson. My thoughts maybe somewhat, but I could tell it wasn't Jon Anderson.

Rich

Hi Bob,

Rob knew that, but he had suggested that Jon Davison sounds much like Jon Anderson. My thoughts maybe somewhat, but I could tell it wasn't Jon Anderson.

Rich

Oh I see.

Right now: Classical music; small ensemble for strings with violin, viola, violoncello & cello.
Live Concert from the analog r.a.d.i.o. (88.9 FM Stereophonic: French station).

And right after that, Choral Music.

* This is my type of Music that totally relaxes me. And I absolutely need that in my life.

Saxophone Colossus, Way Out West - Sonny Rollins
Art Pepper meets the Rhythm Section
These three are 192/24 2ch only DVDa's

Midnight Sugar - Tsuyoshi Yamamoto TrioTBM cd

How's the sound on those 2 DVDAs?

Actually their were 3 disc...

As I put in a diff thread....
"IMHO up to now the definitive releases of these sessions. I have many versions in various formats and this is on top of the list.
Wish I had picked up more of these remasters at the time, cuz they all quickly went oop."

Obviously, I think they are superb. Everytime I play them I'm amazed at what can be done when the time and effort is put into taking advantage of the latest h/w-remastering process. These were done with JVC's K2 h/w tweaked for 192/24.

Last edited:
One of my favorite singers Rich both solo and with Genesis.

Too bad he called it quits cuz of impaired hearing and peripheral upper extremity damage. I saw him in concert about 10 years ago at Shoreline here in the Bay Area. Sat front row center and was one of the best concerts I have ever been to

One of my favorite singers Rich both solo and with Genesis.

Too bad he called it quits cuz of impaired hearing and peripheral upper extremity damage. I saw him in concert about 10 years ago at Shoreline here in the Bay Area. Sat front row center and was one of the best concerts I have ever been to

Steve,

I saw Phil once on a solo concert tour somewhat more than 15? years ago (in the Meadowlands) and I saw him once with Genesis, I believe the Trick of the Tail or the Wind and the Wuthering Tour (I think the Beacon Theater, NYC) with Bill Bruford of Yes and King Crimson fame on drums.

Rich

I have always marveled at the amount of stamina required to be a drummer let alone a drummer/singer. He and Henley are the 2 who come to my mind first

That takes a lot of power to do those concerts night after night.

I saw Phil once on a solo concert tour somewhat more than 15? years ago (in the Meadowlands) and I saw him once with Genesis, I believe the Trick of the Tail or the Wind and the Wuthering Tour (I think the Beacon Theater, NYC) with Bill Bruford of Yes and King Crimson fame on drums.

Rich
Yeah, baby. Now we're talking. But if Bruford was playing, we're talking about more than 30 years ago.

Yeah, baby. Now we're talking. But if Bruford was playing, we're talking about more than 30 years ago.

Ron,

I know that the Genesis concert was more than 30 years or so ago. I think that Bill only was on one tour with Genesis. I was so lucky and pleased to see him on drums. At first I didn't recognize who it was on drums. As I recall he was wearing a big B on his T-shirt. Bill and Carl Palmer are probably my favorite rock drummers of all time. I saw Bill on drums also with Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, and Howe I think at Madison Square Garden and with Yes for the Union Tour (the Meadowlands). Unfortunately I did not get to see Yes before he left the band for the Close to the Edge/Yessongs Tour. Carl I have seen perform on drums with Asia I think 4 times- first for the first, then the 2nd Asia tours and twice last year in Philadelphia and Musikfest in Bethlehem, PA. He put on quite a clinic with his ELP solos for the 4 concerts. Amazing for last year considering his age.

Rich

Completely agree on Bill & Carl. Add Portnoy as third, not only for his work with Dream Theater but particularly for his work with Transatlantic, the latter being my favorite band putting out new music in the last decade.

Mutual Admiration Society - Locke/Hazeltine Quartet
Carla Bley & the Lost Chords find Paolo Fresu

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing