What will bring you Santa Claus for your system?

Only a few CDs.

I'm done for a good while with upgrading. I love my sound. Each day I still can't believe how lucky I am.

He’s stopping by early at my place to drop off a pair of Pass X260.8 monoblocks!

Reactions: Hi-FiGuy
Santa will be late for me. He'll be coming closer to the end of next year's first quarter.

L10 S , M10 Monos :D

Santa will be generous this year:
- A new SAT LM-09 tonearm for the turntable
- A Torus TOT AVR power conditioner for the main tape deck
- A secondary analogue system built around a fully upgraded Thorens TD 124 II and a Nagra IVs/QGB tape deck. Loudspeakers are Cube Audio Bliss C. Santa still needs to select the integrated amp and the phono stage. A comparative listening session has been scheduled next week.

So hopefully all will arrive under the tree right before Christmas except the rack for the secondary system that will arrive in early January (ordered from Italy) as well as few ancillaries that Santa still needs to order (power supply for the Thorens turntable and a custom made unbalanced to balanced line level converter for the Nagra tape deck).

And the 4 MOFI Dire Straits vinyl but Santa won’t be happy as I did not wait until Christmas to start listening to them.

Santa will be generous this year:
- A new SAT LM-09 tonearm for the turntable
- A Torus TOT AVR power conditioner for the main tape deck
- A secondary analogue system built around a fully upgraded Thorens TD 124 II and a Nagra IVs/QGB tape deck. Loudspeakers are Cube Audio Bliss C. Santa still needs to select the integrated amp and the phono stage. A comparative listening session has been scheduled next week.

So hopefully all will arrive under the tree right before Christmas except the rack for the secondary system that will arrive in early January (ordered from Italy) as well as few ancillaries that Santa still needs to order (power supply for the Thorens turntable and a custom made unbalanced to balanced line level converter for the Nagra tape deck).

And the 4 MOFI Dire Straits vinyl but Santa won’t be happy as I did not wait until Christmas to start listening to them.

Man dcc, you have been good!

Reactions: bonzo75
New 65" OLED
Sam's Club has Samsung 65" OLED for$1k. I opted for the 65"VIZIO 4k with the 5.1 Surround.
The Samsung is really nice. It is natural and does not "scream" at you like some others.
My choice seemed like a better fit.

I have two pairs of these 15 inch bass woofers. My set up is such that the rest of the speakers have disappeared.

I will decide whether I want to keep these or swap after the Norway tour

E7360A66-A674-483F-8FE0-513B87328E6E.jpeg
D947E958-BADC-453B-A91C-CD7813F4FD35.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Folsom
Still waiting for the return of my upgraded Io Eclipse it’s only been 4 month ! I think the fat bastard got lost somewhere in the US after dropping all that gear of at Mikes barn, or maybe he’s laid up with a hernia :rolleyes:

Sam's Club has Samsung 65" OLED for$1k. I opted for the 65"VIZIO 4k with the 5.1 Surround.
The Samsung is really nice. It is natural and does not "scream" at you like some others.
My choice seemed like a better fit.
Good. Sound is not a relevant factor in TV choice but the picture was best for me.

Good. Sound is not a relevant factor in TV choice but the picture was best for me.
I recall vision was not important to you when listening from a previous discussion
IIRC you found it distractiong.
As far as my pursuit of OLED is concerned Santa will return next year.
Enjoy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing