What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

Stefano Bertoncello/TwoogoodearsThePeak back left with DaVa mono
Ikeda IT 407 with DaVa Reference
both of theese arms are mounted in FR B-60 VTA base with custom bronze nuts on gunmetal armboards
tomorrow I´ll mount the DaVa A1 in the new all bronze Alfred Bokrand AS309 banana DaVa edition
also on gunmetal armboard
as it happens the "new" Groovemaster VTA lifter matches the Bokrand perfectly

20230424_172205597_iOS.jpg

placed Melco motor assymetrical to increase clearing between silk thread and armtowers for running longer string
spinoff bonus was free space for DaVa fieldcoil psu

20230424_172917993_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
early days, but I feel all is quieter and more finely nuanced
bass is more finely presented with more detail and weight
but the system as a whole has benefited from having separated sources and TVC from speakers
first of all the crowded center obviously messed up the soundstage
also all sounds cleaner and more balanced
this goes for all sources

Reactions: Lagonda
Wishing you well for this. I am post 15 weeks and loving the new titanium interconnect vast improvement in SQ and ability to flip vinyl. :)

More good News was wondering if there were any modifications needed?
the use surgical steel now..the titanium is too brittle

no mods at all for using VTA lifter on Bokrand

Reactions: kodomo and Artnet
the use surgical steel now..the titanium is too brittle
Thanks I will consult my surgeon and avoid kick boxing as I was warned.

Will get a groove master on order!!

The whole TT is looking terrific, Music will be a great reward in rehab, my experience anyway. Thanks again.

Thanks I will consult my surgeon and avoid kick boxing as I was warned.

Will get a groove master on order!!

The whole TT is looking terrific, Music will be a great reward in rehab, my experience anyway. Thanks again.
That's one of the hardest choices known to man - improved SQ, or kickboxing?

A VPI ARIES 3, long sought but the wait was worth it. A lucky new owner.
With the original tonearm it looks just perfect. On the left is the matching AS Phonolab 1.0 Phonostage, which has just been added. Johnny Hartmann sounds like he is sitting in front of me.

_DSC2820_2.jpg

Last edited:
all set up and playing.....
just in time for hip replacement on next tuesday...ha-ha
new machine room, cleaned up livingroom and all
View attachment 108383View attachment 108384View attachment 108385View attachment 108386
Very impressive 3-arm setup! But I have a question—How convenient is it to use each arm? I don’t see how you are able to cue records with any accuracy with the arm on the left and with the arm in the back. And I can’t imagine how you can align a new cartridge with either of those two arms.

I am not being facetious. This is a sincere question. And I don’t mean to pick on you since there are many folks on WBF who have two or more arms mounted on the same table. The few times I tried that with my Galibier left me very frustrated. I am just wondering how others have managed to do this.

Very impressive 3-arm setup! But I have a question—How convenient is it to use each arm? I don’t see how you are able to cue records with any accuracy with the arm on the left and with the arm in the back. And I can’t imagine how you can align a new cartridge with either of those two arms.

I am not being facetious. This is a sincere question. And I don’t mean to pick on you since there are many folks on WBF who have two or more arms mounted on the same table. The few times I tried that with my Galibier left me very frustrated. I am just wondering how others have managed to do this.

I have now had three turntables each of which had two tonearms. It helps to pull the rack out from the wall so that one can walk around it. With four arms, I would likely remove the two arm boards in the front, set up the cartridge in the rear and on the right and then install the arm board on the left and set up that cartridge and then finally do the one in the front.

hello
no problem aligning all carts from the front as long as I can stand over or to the side and look down/in
everyday use is no problem apart from being aware of not bouncing into the other arms

Reactions: Johan K
Nice setup,two questions did ever use that other turntable platter as passive flywheel for melcro, and this are navships cables to r2r machine?
that DDX-1500 platter is 2,8Kg and the bearing is not as quiet as the Melco, so I´m afraid it´d "pollute" the Melco sound
best is probably another Melco platter, but the inertia is already 6Tons as opposed to eg RX/RY 8000 with 3.500Kg
R2R output cables from NextGen reproboards on A80RC are DIY glowed 0,8mm 4x9s silver in silk hose...unshielded

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing