What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Looks beautiful and I’m sure it plays just as well. How are you liking the Graham Elite 10” arm? I’m considering one, so just wondering.
Thanks! We like it. Adjusting the cue lever for lifting the arm was a bit fussy, but I think it's correct now. So many whistles and bells that I'm lost :)

• Love
Reactions: Doc76

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Shane, how do you like the Denon DL-S1? On what arm and phono?

Tim. Been a while since I had the DL-S1 playing . Might have to mount it again. Haven't used it with the Phasemation phono.
Sounded fine with the Accuphase phono. The physical cart is small, so generally use it with a spacer on the P3.
Detailed, neutral, slightly laid back in musical delivery - more suited to jazz / classical.

Reactions: DasguteOhr and tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Tim. Been a while since I had the DL-S1 playing . Might have to mount it again. Haven't used it with the Phasemation phono.
Sounded fine with the Accuphase phono. The physical cart is small, so generally use it with a spacer on the P3.
Detailed, neutral, slightly laid back in musical delivery - more suited to jazz / classical.

Thanks for that. I've heard very positive comments about the DL-S1. Finding one in top condition may be a challenge.

Reactions: XV-1

Juiced

Nov 26, 2022
I'm using a Michell Gyro SE turntable with a Jelco 750 arm, Ortofon lh-9000, Albedo phono cable and Oyaide MJ12 + STB-HWX

20231231_123642.jpg 20231206_081236.jpg

MJG

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2018
Liechtenstein
J. Sikora KV12 Max tonearm with Lyra Etna Lambda SL now in my second system on J. Sikora Standard Max: what an incredible upgrade from the standard KV12 which, no doubt, is an excellent tonearm. However, the Max version tops it in every respect thanks to its pure, detailed, powerful and transparent sound. Well done and congratulations!

Attachments

• IMG_9444.jpeg
    IMG_9444.jpeg
    534.8 KB · Views: 73

Djcxxx

Nov 11, 2022
Couple of photos of my Artisan Fidelity Garrard 301 Statement with Ikeda 407 and Koetsu Coralstone. Platter and chassis are stainless steel. Plinth is AF’s panzerholst ply with quilted sapele veneer.
IMG_4630.jpeg IMG_4633.jpeg

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Byrd Do you use the DS audio clamp on every record ?
hey,
mm... now when i almost always use the VYGER with the LP suction i dont need the clamp so much.
so old records that i know that they are centered i don't need that , but the one that i sign them for centering im using it.
new ones always get measured for centering and i will use it in the first spin at least. \

Reactions: Scott Naylor
Nov 25, 2023
New Hampshire
hey,
mm... now when i almost always use the VYGER with the LP suction i dont need the clamp so much.
so old records that i know that they are centered i don't need that , but the one that i sign them for centering im using it.
new ones always get measured for centering and i will use it in the first spin at least. \
Thanks Byrd. Good feedback. I think this is how I would use the clamp too.

Yeti

Dec 25, 2020
France
Just finished my PTP Lenco.

IMG_1129.jpeg

and sounding very good indeed.

I took inspiration for the plinth from my Artemis SA-1

IMG_1128.jpeg

which I had apart last year to get some more oil in the motor bearings. While I was in there I noted that the layer of ebony is only a 1mm strip around the outside but there are hardish plastic membranes between the three bamboo layers. My PTP plinth has two bamboo boards with a layer of Corian between, not so much for damping but as a barrier, it seems to work as I can tap the shelf next to the deck and nothing comes through to the stylus despite the hard wooden feet I’ve used.
Early days but I think I prefer my PTP to the Artemis and Korf with an SPU at the sharp end, I already preferred the Korf to the Schröder for SPU duties. Now what to do with my Artemis/Schröder?

ARTSZZ

Feb 14, 2024
Seattle
Just joined this forum, but here is mine: Thorens TD-125 with an Alfred Bokrand 9" AB-212. Currently using an AT VM740ML but plan to obtain an Ortofon SPU soon. It originally came with an Infinity Blackwidow but I decided I wanted more options for cartridge than high compliance so I got the Bokrand.
signal-2024-02-14-092807.jpeg

groovemaster

VIP/Donor
Sep 26, 2017
Analog Walks...
On my walks through the analog world, I keep discovering unexpected things that inspire me.

Here it is the SME 20 record player with an SME 12 inch tonearm. Of course, such gems need an equal in the phono section. The owner decided for Audiospecials Phonolab 1.5 in the symmetrical version as a perfect match in terms of both, design and sound quality. The additional RECOMPIZER for dynamic expansion is the icing on the cake. SME, best british tradition.

SME_20_1.jpg SME_20_2.jpg SME_20_3.jpg

Vinylfan

Jan 12, 2019
Great vinyl set up you've got there:cool:
Would you be willing to share your thoughts of the 4point9 vs the 4point 14?
Best wishes,
Don
Thanks Don it’s actually very difficult to do a comparison as the 9 inch is set up with Miyajima mono cartridge and the 14 inch with a verismo stereo cartridge. I think both arms do a fantastic job. I can say that the bass improved once I switched to the Kuzma 14 inch from the Brinkman 12.1.

Reactions: No Regrets

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
Thanks Don it’s actually very difficult to do a comparison as the 9 inch is set up with Miyajima mono cartridge and the 14 inch with a verismo stereo cartridge. I think both arms do a fantastic job. I can say that the bass improved once I switched to the Kuzma 14 inch from the Brinkman 12.1.
Thank you for your reply! Much appreciated ;)
Best wishes,
Don

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
Couple of photos of my Artisan Fidelity Garrard 301 Statement with Ikeda 407 and Koetsu Coralstone. Platter and chassis are stainless steel. Plinth is AF’s panzerholst ply with quilted sapele veneer.
View attachment 122945 View attachment 122944
Stunningly beautiful!!!
How does it sound? What did it replace?
I've always loved the look of Artisan Fidelity's tables/plinths, but I've never had the pleasure of hearing one playing in a system.

Best wishes,
Don

RaceDoc

Sep 11, 2017
Germany
Hello groovemaster,

my phonostages are the Audiospecials Phonolab 1.0 for MM (or MC via SUT), the internal phonostage of
my Tidal preamplifier for MC and some devices for my DS Audio cartridges.

Here...

Attachments

• Montegiro_5k.jpg
    Montegiro_5k.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: DasguteOhr and XV-1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing