What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
Excellent project @Adelmor! I am sure it brings you great satisfaction.

Adelmor

Nov 21, 2023
Imola, Italy
Hey Adelmo!! Nice to see you and your fabulous table and arm here at What’s Best!

-Robert (Lenco Heaven)
Hi Robert,
Tks, good to see you again. From my side not much going on, still using most the same TT, just some minor tune up things on the Supatrac clone. Winter is approaching and I have started to think to a new project, hard part is to decide which direction I shall take. Hope I can decide soonest.
Rgds
Adelmo

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023
New Hampshire
IMG_3178.jpeg
I have a SP10R on an Artisan Fidelity plinth. I’ve always had technics for simplicity and reliability but my mind really got going after listening to Fremer’s comparison video of his OMA DD table vs AF belt drive on PeterA’s thread. The DD was great for percussion, but the belt drive had it beat in terms of soundstage, space and naturalness.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
View attachment 121690
I have a SP10R on an Artisan Fidelity plinth. I’ve always had technics for simplicity and reliability but my mind really got going after listening to Fremer’s comparison video of his OMA DD table vs AF belt drive on PeterA’s thread. The DD was great for percussion, but the belt drive had it beat in terms of soundstage, space and naturalness.

Great to know Fremer’s videos helped you make a correct decision. You might get a belt drive that beats it on percussion as well

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

what about flow/continuity Vs start/stop sound? What belt drive do you have?

Nov 25, 2023
New Hampshire
what about flow/continuity Vs start/stop sound? What belt drive do you have?
My point was that I’ve only ever had direct drive in my system and need to find a way to hear other drive systems based on what I heard in Fremer’s vid. I don’t hear issues with flow/continuity or stop start sound in my system with the SP10R, but put a belt drive in and I could change my mind. Now I’m always trying to get a more open 3D soundstage and Until Fremer’s video I hadn’t considered it could be a weakness of the SP10R.

I know your not a fan of the SP10R, but is it just Technics or do you feel the same way about Grand Prix, Brinkmann etc?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
My point was that I’ve only ever had direct drive in my system and need to find a way to hear other drive systems based on what I heard in Fremer’s vid. I don’t hear issues with flow/continuity or stop start sound in my system with the SP10R, but put a belt drive in and I could change my mind. Now I’m always trying to get a more open 3D soundstage and Until Fremer’s video I hadn’t considered it could be a weakness of the SP10R.

I know your not a fan of the SP10R, but is it just Technics or do you feel the same way about Grand Prix, Brinkmann etc?

how much classical do you listen to

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

ok. difference in flow is more on classical. Outside that I wouldn’t have a strong reason to not go for DD, for amplified and rock Monaco would be good too especially if you require the foot print, but then a belt like the AF3P would sound good too

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I am a big fan of Ked's turntable. It's so transparent it's like it's not even there ;) :p

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
View attachment 121690

Superb. I would luv to compare the SP10R with my Mk3. one day maybe :cool:

Doc76

Aug 29, 2023
United States
TechDAS Air Force III Premium, Graham Engineering Phantom Elite Tonearm (10 inch) and Koetsu Urushi Vermilion cart.

Having fun after not having had a turntable for ~ 35 years.
Looks beautiful and I’m sure it plays just as well. How are you liking the Graham Elite 10” arm? I’m considering one, so just wondering.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing