What Speaker Cables Do You Use With Your Dartzeel NHB-108 ? ...

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
You would think that at the level of gear that many people on this forum own and the time spent in this hobby that by now people would understand the difference between fat and bloated bass vice clean and extended bass.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
You would think that at the level of gear that many people on this forum own and the time spent in this hobby that by now people would understand the difference between fat and bloated bass vice clean and extended bass.

Some people may be compensating for a leaner balance elsewhere, nothing wrong with that. The problem is generalizing based solely on just one data point, and I am not sure to what extent this is the case here.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
In case this isn't clear enough, I did NOT generalise. I put a very specific scenario, of a very specific interaction (darTZeel+Nordost). It'd be a generalisation if I said Nordost was too lean, period, which was not the case.

mep, I can't speak for others, but I do know the difference between bloated bass and lean bass. That's why I could spot the difference between all the gear and cables that has passed through here.

alexandre

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Alexandre-I’m not taking sides or casting aspersions on anyone’s ability or lack thereof to discern the differences between clean, deep, taught bass and lack of bass. My comment was strictly meant to express my surprise that seasoned audiophiles with decent gear might not know the difference. I also have no experience with expensive Nordost cables and therefore have no opinions on their sound quality.

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
I like using Yter or Crystal Cable for my 8550.
The only Nordost cables I have are the Heimdall range, currently stored away.

Cheers
orb

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing