What happened to the Magico Service thread?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I came wanting to re-read Alon's post (which was so well written), but it seems to be gone. Did I miss something?

Was it because he took a shot at Wilson?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
The thread on Audiogon is also gone. It's too bad. I would have thought that a site with no advertising would be immune to pressure. The WBF thread presented both sides of the story and there was some good information regarding a new owner of a pair of S5 and his experience with Magico service. I recall that it was quite positive. But now it is gone. Could a new thread be started, or is this now an off limits topic?

I remember an old thread about the Wave Kinetics NVS turntable. Can't find that one either.

MadFloyd, how did Magico take a shot at Wilson? I don't remember that.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
The thread on Audiogon is also gone. It's too bad. I would have thought that a site with no advertising would be immune to pressure. The WBF thread presented both sides of the story and there was some good information regarding a new owner of a pair of S5 and his experience with Magico service. I recall that it was quite positive. But now it is gone. Could a new thread be started, or is this now an off limits topic?

I remember an old thread about the Wave Kinetics NVS turntable. Can't find that one either.

MadFloyd, how did Magico take a shot at Wilson? I don't remember that.

Alon said something to the effect that unlike some other popular speaker manufacturers they didn't use any resistors to protect the woofers because they felt it significantly degraded sound quality.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Could a new thread be started, or is this now an off limits topic?

Hello, Peter. On behalf of the management team here at the WBF, there is absolutely nothing wrong with starting a new thread about Magico or any other manufacturer's service. It is only when it becomes a possible legal liability for the forum that it becomes something that is not in the best interest of the forum for it to remain open to the public. I am quite sure that all parties understand.

I can assure you that it had zero to do with any shot at Wilson. ;)

Tom

TP1

Apr 2, 2014
I am the S5 owner referred to by Peter and I can reiterate that the service from both Magico and the dealer was simply superb throughout. It seems to make make no difference where you live or who's fault the problem is because Magico instantly respond with a solution. It gives you such peace of mind for the future.

Reactions: Protegimus

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
I am the S5 owner referred to by Peter and I can reiterate that the service from both Magico and the dealer was simply superb throughout. It seems to make make no difference where you live or who's fault the problem is because Magico instantly respond with a solution. It gives you such peace of mind for the future.

+1

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Deleting a thread hardly deletes it from the internet; for example, if you bookmarked something in that thread you are looking for, then bring it up from Google's web cache; the following link brings up WBF's main page, and you will have to substitute the last part with the bookmark you have: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://whatsbestforum.com

Similarly, here's a cached link to the Magico space here http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...whatsbestforum.com/forumdisplay.php?39-Magico

If you didn't bookmark anything, it's still easy to find what you want from any of the internet's caches, but I am not going to show you how :D

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Hello, Peter. On behalf of the management team here at the WBF, there is absolutely nothing wrong with starting a new thread about Magico or any other manufacturer's service. It is only when it becomes a possible legal liability for the forum that it becomes something that is not in the best interest of the forum for it to remain open to the public. I am quite sure that all parties understand.

I can assure you that it had zero to do with any shot at Wilson. ;)

Tom

Check this out....

http://ideas.time.com/2013/01/07/yelp-reviewers-beware-you-can-get-sued/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing