What determines "believability of the reproduction illusion"

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello gentlemen and good morning to you. Personal insults are not tolerated on this board. Please refrain from making any or administrative action will occur. If you have something constructive to add to the thread, please make it about the technical merits of the thread. Any more personal comments made will be deleted and administrative action will be handed down. Please make a note of it before posting.

Also, a word to the wise. The words "in my opinion" can go a long way toward maintaining a friendly atmosphere. Please refrain from making absolutes when it boils down to opinions. If you have any questions, please refer to our TOS. Thank you.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Tom

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) please attach all your research that validates that "an illusion", which by nature is clearly subjective, can be quantified as an "objective", absolute truth.:cool:

Who said that "objetive" means an absolute truth? Truths in perceptual sciences are statistical. Opinions can become objective data once they are properly analyzed.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
I see you prefer to try to insult rather than to try to prove me otherwise...figured that would be your approach given your hostile post above...

If you have nothing constructive to add that might counter what I am saying then take your knee jerk responses elsewhere.

Better yet, go read something on the subject and then we can have a healthy debate.

There's nothing to prove within an objective context. Therefore there's nothing to debate. Sorry you are so intolerant when someone disagrees with your assertions.

Have a good day sir. :D

PS: Please read the definition of "illusion". That may help you understand my perspective.

Last edited:

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
There's nothing to prove within an objective context. Therefore there's nothing to debate. Sorry you are so intolerant when someone disagrees with your assertions.

Have a good day sir. :D

PS: Please read the definition of "illusion". That may help you understand my perspective.

There's nothing to prove within an objective context??? There is nothing to debate?? Then why did you chime in?? I am intolerant?? Did I insult you? No, I made a statement based on how I interpret research into the correlation of measurements with sound quality.

What do you mean by nothing to prove on an objective context? Could you please clarify what you mean with this statement.

The science behind analytics is not just making a measurement and getting a number where it is simply the lower the better. For audio, this has been shown to not be true. It is in the correlation of data to a real cause and real effect in the physical or psychological world.

booboobaer

Aug 22, 2010
Columbus,Ohio
I agree completely. A room not treated will add undesired issues. Comb filtering, standing waves, room nodes, etc. So no matter how well the electronics perform there is a corruption that is not good.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing