What cables are you using in your system ?????

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Oh thank you my friend; this is truly hi-tek this belt-drive CD transport.
And those Jadis components (DAC & Power Supply), they ain't free!

What's on the wall Andre?
- A small tv set it is facing his dining room.

The CEC transport is 16k and the Jadis d/a converter is 17k

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
- A small tv set it is facing his dining room.

Ah, makes sense now as I saw his kitchen table on the left.
* I don't know if I would put it there myself (certainly not), but I respect his own decor consideration/decision.

The CEC transport is 16k and the Jadis d/a converter is 17k

Yeah, that I already got.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
I am trying out Purist Audio Design Proteus Provectus right now. And will be trying out Prana Wire soon.

Amado

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Just got my Jena Labs Pathfinder Twin 19 speaker cables today. Holy shite Batman! Talk about heft, 3D images and wiping away the steam on my old shower door. Unfreekin believable. Next up are the new Purist Audio Design Aquila digital cables for my ModWright Oppo 105.

Last edited:

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Hi guy's i would like to know what cables are you using in your system and are you a believer or not.

First i will state that i'm part of the believer group but without going overboard i believe that you should invest at least 15% of your system's value in cables.

Anyone who needs multi-thousand dollar cables to enjoy their system should have selected other components.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Anyone who needs multi-thousand dollar cables to enjoy their system should have selected other components.

I really enjoyed my system before my cable upgrade, but I went from a Kansas housewife (no harm intended) to a Miami Beach thong model ;). Good cables can make a profound difference.

Reactions: gadawg58

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada

Gary, i respect your opinion, it's just as good as mine but your gear list ain't cheap either. :)

Last edited:

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Old thread but wouldn't mind feedback. I have a variety of brands for PCs but for ICs - JPS Labs SC3s and for speaker cables - JPS Aluminatas. Anyone with any experience with Kubala Sosna vs JPS labs would be very much appreciated.

Henry van der Burgh

Aug 9, 2016
Hi André, I am also a strong believer of good quality cables. I also must state that as much as digital sources have improved, also cable manufacturing has improved over time. I have now a Yamaha CD-S 3000 cd player and KR Audio VA 350i amplifier (great tubes). My cabling consists of HB Cable Design Mook A3000 interconnect (Best cable ever for me), Straight Wire Crecendo loudspeaker cables. (great overall sound) and Heavens Gate Ultra SIlence and Silver Signature power cables. (great bass performance, and wide imaging, could do better on mids and highs)

greetings,

Henry

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I tried many but settled for Transparent (reference) Signal cables, and Shunyata AC cables. Keeping life simple.

GertSterlingSilver

Aug 12, 2016
Netherlands
Assuming this thread is about analog interconnect cables too I use this Belkin cable.
belkin_aux._belkin-3-5mm-mini-stereo-male-to-male-aux-cable-for-iphone-ipod-etc.jpg

It's body is chrome and or nickle plated steel,NOT aluminum(feel premium as !$#$!@)uses a "stepped" design which allows it to connect flawlessly to phones,mp3 players etc which have a case on it.It's also nickle plated instead of gold.A lot of "gold plated" jacks have worn to the point of looking like a frankenstein metal,the nickle ones stay prestine.And to my opinion silver looks better then gold.
Btw not a shill for belkin,their current products are unsatisfactory to say the least.

I can't find them here in my home country.I'll find more similair cables though.
A thick wire gauge,a properly designed stress relief,proper shielding cable(since the electrical signal is very weak and thus probably susceptible to induction distiortion.)would be ideal.

Where are the stress relief plugs these days?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Recently bought and received some Morrow Audio PH5 phono cables. Ordered them with a short (96hrs) burn-in, but I have a while to go as Mike Morrow claims they'll take about 400 hrs to reach their full potential. I'm encouraged so far.

Custodian

May 26, 2013
Power leads: Siltech Reference for analogue components, MIT Magnum for digital components.
Analogue interconnects: Siltech Empress
Digital Interconnects:AES/EBU Siltech Reference
Digital Clock:stereovox video
FireWireand USB: Siltech
Speaker: Vertex AQ Hirez

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Old thread but wouldn't mind feedback. I have a variety of brands for PCs but for ICs - JPS Labs SC3s and for speaker cables - JPS Aluminatas. Anyone with any experience with Kubala Sosna vs JPS labs would be very much appreciated.

Copper vs aluminum alloy... hard to say. IMO UPOCC silver is the way to go. Or OCC silver/gold alloy ;) ...nothing else will make for great interconnect cables.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing