What are your goals in attending RMAF?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Ah, my bad. Thanks for clarifying, rbbert.

Tom

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Remember, Gary was referring to RAMF 2011, not 2012.

Actually, I was referring to requests for SRV when I was showing at the Gothenburg show in Sweden.... I don't play Tin Pan Alley in the US because most of the audience walk out before the song gets really going. But I would still usually have the Sundazed re-issue of Couldn't Stand the Weather with me at shows because I like the music. However, in Gothenburg, I played a 24/96 digital rip of the vinyl. I played the 24/176.4 digital rip (2xDSD to PCM from the Korg) in Toronto.

I may be one of the few people not to like the version on the Burmester demo CD 2 - I find it too "heefee". I also haven't found a CD pressing that I like, and the DVD-A seemed to be just badly up-sampled redbook. I'm waiting for the SACD to come (to be released in 2 days), then I'll rip that and compare.......

AFAIK, Winston never did a re-issue of the Burmester CD. However, there are pirated copies in China that actually sounded better than the original, and may have been labelled FIM to take advantage of Winston's good name there.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing