Apr 20, 2010
New York City
It's a Mad mad mad world
A New Leaf
Caddyshack
The Nutty Professor
How to Murder Your Wife
Some Like It Hot

I remember seeing It's a Mad.....world as a kid growing up....and thought it was hysterical. Saw it recently on cable and it didn't stand the test of time. Not as runny as I remembered it!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I remember seeing It's a Mad.....world as a kid growing up....and thought it was hysterical. Saw it recently on cable and it didn't stand the test of time. Not as runny as I remembered it!

Myles that is so true.

I remember seeing Bonny and Clyde as well as The Wild Bunch when they were first released in the theaters and stunned by the graphic violence. Having seen both recently I thought they were good films but by today's standards somewhat ordinary

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Uncle Buck!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Planes Trains and Automobiles, with Steve Martin and John Candy. I saw this in the mid 80s and remember it to be funny, I'd like to watch it again. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Zombieland :)

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!

I saw this movie when it first came out and can't remember any movie since then at which I laughed so hard. Part of that laughter was due to the couple sitting next to us who must have had a major fight before coming to the theater because neither of them even cracked a smile. We would look at them and become hysterical.

I bought the DVD when it came out and watched it some time later. As you said, it did not stand the test of time -- at all. But I did find myself laughing at the fact that I wasn't laughing !!!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Pink Panther Strikes Again. Who can forget the famous scene with Peter Sellers asking the hotel manager - duzzz yurrrr dugggg bhyyyt? ;) And the 'investigation' scene with all the house helpers present, that was hilarious.

Talk about coincidence or ESP, my kids whipped out a DVD from our bin and said, 'dad, we're watching the Pink Panther Strikes Again, would you wanna join us?" 'I said, will be with you in a mo...' My teen son laughed the hardest, followed by my wife who must have seen that 3 times. Funny my son can go retro on movies but not on music and the NBA. No matter how many time I told him about the names of Kareem, Bird, Magic and Jordan, he keeps mixing them all up but he knows some bench players of the Clippers and the Wizards that I haven't even heard of. ;)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I saw this movie when it first came out and can't remember any movie since then at which I laughed so hard. Part of that laughter was due to the couple sitting next to us who must have had a major fight before coming to the theater because neither of them even cracked a smile. We would look at them and become hysterical.

I bought the DVD when it came out and watched it some time later. As you said, it did not stand the test of time -- at all. But I did find myself laughing at the fact that I wasn't laughing !!!

Never could figure out why had such totally different rxns to the movie though. Guess I was wondering what I found funny in the first time. You?

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Watched the original 'Arthur' with my 16 year old last night and he admitted that it was better than the recent Russell Brand remake.

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
Haven't perused the entire thread...

my contributions would include:

Dr. Strangelove
La cage aux folles (Molinaro)
Airplane! (it seems I always find something different/new to laugh about)
Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown
Annie Hall
The Gods Must Be Crazy

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Blame It On Rio

Oh man - you hit the nail on the head with this one! I love that movie. And of course, Blues Bothers and The Gods Must Be Crazy. Another one... Birdcage

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
Just discovered this thread:

A good screwball gets me every time, and a perfect early example: "It Happened One Night"

Excellent comedy construction and sequences like in "The Three Amigos" is a thumbs up.

If people get "The Castle", as in ROFL, then you understand the humour of people from my part of the world ...

Frank

c1ferrari

May 15, 2010
"Originally Posted by Roger Dressler
Blame It On Rio"
Oh man - you hit the nail on the head with this one! I love that movie.

That flick is hysterical :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Y'all have listed many of my faves. Here's two that have not been mentioned:

Blame It On Rio

Classic 80s comedy. I must have seen it a few times. One movie wherein another girl, Michelle Johnson had more 'body' than Demi Moore. ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing