What are your favorite Comedy movies?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What movies are memorable for making you laugh a lot?

The one where I really laughed so much inside a movie house was 'Naked Gun 2-1/2'. The added laugh came from laughing at the way my close buddy laughed, that I was laughing too because of his laughter aside from the funny scenes. Man I couldn't forget that scene wherein a 'crab' was squeezing the breast of a Mrs. Bush character at a formal dining reception. ;)

And 'Dumb and Dumber' which me and my wife watched at home. Both of us were laughing like crazy I thought it would never end. Amazing that such a 'low budget' film would gross something like $247m worldwide. Just a few months ago, I was watching it with my teen son who was not born even during that year of the film's release and he laughed practically all throughout the movie. ;)

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Hangover
Animal House
Ferris Beuller's Day Off
Happy Gilmore
Meet the Parents
Old School
The Wedding Crashers
South Park Bigger Longer Uncut
Beverly Hills Cop 1
A Fish Called Wanda
Tropic Thunder
Bedtime Stories (Brando and Niven) Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is the remake
Young Frankenstein
Clerks
American Pie

and surprisingly.......

Get Him to the Greek. Brand is extremely irritating but that other guy Jonah Hill is hilarious! I never ever thought Sean Puff Daddy P.Diddy Combs could make me laugh at all much less laugh myself silly.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Meet the Parents

Who would have thought that after seeing de Niro in Deer Hunter, Taxi Driver, Untouchables, as Al Capone, one would be laughing in one of his movies. ;)

It's a funny one.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yes indeed! I think he was even funnier in Analyze This with Billy Crystal :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Something About Mary
Kingpin
Hall Pass

Kingpin! Dang, I almost forgot about that gem! Randy Quaid as the Amish bowling wiz, Woody Harrelson and of course Bill Murray with cinema's most epic combover ever! I have to see it again.

I haven't seen Hall Pass. Thanks for the tip Steve. :)

Randall Smith

May 30, 2010
NC
If you haven't seen Bridesmaids, IMHO- it is the funniest movie of the year so far. I liked it much more than I did the Hangover 2.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
If you haven't seen Bridesmaids, IMHO- it is the funniest movie of the year so far. I liked it much more than I did the Hangover 2.

I saw Bridemaids. Very funny IMO but some of the humor was over the top. Still Hangover 2 did it more for me

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Animal House
Tommy Boy
Arthur (the original with Dudley Moore)
The Big Lebowski

Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

Hi

My Cousin Vinnie
L'Aventure c'est L'Aventure (French)
Sur un Arbre Perche (French)
Analyze This

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
What movies are memorable for making you laugh a lot?

The one where I really laughed so much inside a movie house was 'Naked Gun 2-1/2'. The added laugh came from laughing at the way my close buddy laughed, that I was laughing too because of his laughter aside from the funny scenes. Man I couldn't forget that scene wherein a 'crab' was squeezing the breast of a Mrs. Bush character at a formal dining reception. ;)

And 'Dumb and Dumber' which me and my wife watched at home. Both of us were laughing like crazy I thought it would never end. Amazing that such a 'low budget' film would gross something like $247m worldwide. Just a few months ago, I was watching it with my teen son who was not born even during that year of the film's release and he laughed practically all throughout the movie. ;)

Duck Soup
Horse Feathers
The Producers
Sleeper
Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex But Were Afraid to Ask
Blazing Saddles
Animal House
Monty Python's The Holy Grail

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
The Party
Pink Panther flicks (NOT Steve Martin...although I like SM)
Kingpin
Monty Python (all of them)

They don't make 'em like they used to.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The Party
Kingpin
Monty Python (all of them)

C'mon Steve, can't believe you didn't nominate your avatar sake :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
(all of them)

The Pink Panther Strikes Again. Who can forget the famous scene with Peter Sellers asking the hotel manager - duzzz yurrrr dugggg bhyyyt? ;) And the 'investigation' scene with all the house helpers present, that was hilarious.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing