Watching Tonight's Supermoon Lunar Eclipse

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Cool. I was watching her last night and she appeared closer and larger. I will do the same tonight...and waiting for her to glow red...same color as Mars, the red planet.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
As not to long ago, the moon when close is eerily large. Clear skies at the moment. Sure hope that holds up.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Been drizzling for 3 days here.....doubt I will see anything. Not that I am complaining....we need the rain something awful and I just fed my lawn. Please, if anybody has photos, post them here. Thanks fellow WBF members.

Tom

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That's the full maximum lunar eclipse right now (in this very minute)...but my moon here is not in my sky yet. :(

(((EDIT))) Oh she was there, hiding behind the tree, full rounded and completely red.
I brought my camera (phone) outside, and removed the tree, but it's too dark for my camera...I need a pro one.
I doubt that even with the flash I can capture her. ...And my regular camera, is not better than my phone camera.
I do have a scope though...but it doesn't take pictures.

Last edited:

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Oh, I didn't take those shots. All I saw last night were clouds and mist.

Tom

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
This is the best I could do

T5D_9933.JPG

T5D_9973.jpg

This one is the Blue Moon of 2015, in July; over Boston Logan's runway

T5D_1125-cropped.JPG

PS: Canon 5D MkIII, 70-300mm EF-L Lens

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Out here by me the city turned off the street lights on this one road so everyone could park and get out and watch it. The road is through a large (for So Cal) open space so it made for a nice in the middle of the city view.

Quite a crowd.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I'm outside right now, sitting on my deck, and that moon is still beautiful looking. It's a lovely evening here on the Vancouver South Island...warm too.
...Very peaceful and quiet.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing