Wasatch's 2 Channel Rig

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
It's taken me about 3 years to get to this point. A very big change from the Rotel/B&W gear:D This Jun/Jul will be another upgrade on the Analog side with a GT Ref Subplatter, Rega Tungsten Counterweight, Dynavector Cart, Manley Chinook, and some SR Basik Power Cables. Just picked up the Joseph's for Christmas. They are quite a few steps up from the B&W CDM 9NTs they replaced. A more realistic midrange, some more detail, more natural sounding. A very nice match with the Manley gear. I'm very very happy with this new setup in it's present condition. Really looking forward to this summer though.:D

Power Amplifiers:
Manley Snapper(s)
Synergistic Research Basik AC Cable 6ft. (3)
Running Springs Elgar
Maple Blocks (2)

Preamplifiers:
Manley Jumbo Shrimp
Gut Wire B-16 AC Cable 5ft.
Panamax M10-HT-PRO

Loudspeakers:
Joseph Audio RM25XL (Spiked/Sand)
Synergistic Research Element Copper Speaker Cable 6ft.
Synergistic Research Jumper Cables
Cardas Myrtle V-Blocks (Large) (6)

Analog Front End:
Rega P5 w/RB700
Rega TTPSU
Dynavector P75 Mk2 Phone Pre-Amp
Dynavector 10x5 Cartridge
Synergistic Research Alpha Sterling Discrete
Rega White Belt
VPI 16.5 Record Cleaner
Herbie’s Way Excellent II

Digital Front End:
Rega Saturn
Synergistic Research Alpha Sterling Discrete
Gut Wire B-16 AC Cable 5ft.
Millennium M-CD Mat
Ayre CD (Irrational, But Efficacious!)

Interconnects:
Cardas Crosslink 22ft. (Preamp - Amp)

Accessories:
Sanus EFAB/S MkII (4 Shelf)
Granite 18 x 18 x 3/8” (3)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Cool...Manley and Joseph Audio make some underrated gear. Be interesting to hear what you think about the Chinook!

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
Cool...Manley and Joseph Audio make some underrated gear. Be interesting to hear what you think about the Chinook!

Thanks. I've heard some very good things already and looking forward to getting one. It's right in my price range for a phonostage.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Looks like that room offers hours and hours on end of listening pleasure. Nice rig.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get those black LP shelves?

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
Looks like that room offers hours and hours on end of listening pleasure. Nice rig.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get those black LP shelves?

Thanks, I definitely can sit there for hours enjoying music, lol Those selfs are from IKEA there called Expedit, the bigger one goes for around $60 I believe, the smaller one I believe $40.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Love the setup. Nice and spacious environment as well, which has me grinning with envy. My own room is very small (about 11x10) so I never really have the opportunity to open up my gear...maybe one day that'll change. And a big thumbs up on the Ikea Expidit LP bookcases. I'm using 2 of those myself.

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
I luv everything from your pictures Wasatch. :cool: ...Feels like home. :b

Thanks. If your ever in the area, c'mon over for a brew or two, and listen to some music.

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT
Love the setup. Nice and spacious environment as well, which has me grinning with envy. My own room is very small (about 11x10) so I never really have the opportunity to open up my gear...maybe one day that'll change. And a big thumbs up on the Ikea Expidit LP bookcases. I'm using 2 of those myself.

Thanks. I was using the long walls until last weekend, when I switched it around. WAY BETTER! I was using the short walls in my other place, but when I moved here I thought I would try the long walls, well it did sound pretty good, but too much bass (sometimes) and I was sitting to close to the speakers. Well I had enough of that, lol By doing this change I set myself up for some bigger speakers, I think, LOL Yeah, I like those shelfs, wish they made a single row of 4 though.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Welcome, nice system and hopefully you will enjoy this site...

Wasatch

Feb 17, 2012
Layton, UT

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing