Wardsweb moves into the dining room

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
With the Klipsch in the den, the Martin Logan Prodigy had to move. So, I put a "little" system together in the dining room. It's not something you really listen to at dinner. It does do well for house music and they match the furniture. You may notice I moved the Conrad Johnson 16LS into this system and put the McIntosh C36 back in the living room.

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You must be ripped from all that heavy lifting wardsweb. What are those amplifiers?

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
You must be ripped from all that heavy lifting wardsweb. What are those amplifiers?

The rip comes from being at the gym three days a week, but it does come in handy when moving speakers. As for the amps, those are Carver Silver 7t.

Jay_S

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
San Francisco - East Bay
This is beyond cool for the dining room. All you need to do is center one of the chairs in the left part of the picture and you are all set for a stereo concert while you dine.

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
The only constant is change. A couple of mood pics.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Spouse must be happy. Food can be kept warm at the same time that the music entertains the guests. :D

Great looking setup.....

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
This picture shows some DIY cabinets with Altec 605B drivers sitting in front of the Martin Logans. I built these for a friend and will use them until he picks them up. Gear has also changed to include a Final Labs EL34 amp and my DIY version of a Roksan Radius 5 turntable in bubinga.

diningroom080512.jpg

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
This is great! Speakers taking over the dining room :D

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
This is great! Speakers taking over the dining room :D

You could say that. I moved the dining table to the garage because we never use the formal dining room to eat.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
You could say that. I moved the dining table to the garage because we never use the formal dining room to eat.

PERFECT!

Get rid of what you don't need.

I basically did the same thing with the fireplace. I boarded it up. It's in the stone wall behind my speakers. I don't need some person stepping all over the cables, lighting a fire and melting my speakers and power amps.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
No doubt. I get away with a lot but there is no way in.....

Tom

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Regardless, nice....as always. Enjoy my friend. :)

Tom

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
you have a very understanding wife ;)

The fireplace actually got very little use since, in reality, it overall COOLS the house as a fire burns despite the local heat in front of the fire. We had not used it in 20 years anyway because we don't like the smell of a burning fire.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Love the big old fashioned speaker systems-Wardsweb- have you heard the GIP re-creations of the old WE drivers?

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Love the big old fashioned speaker systems-Wardsweb- have you heard the GIP re-creations of the old WE drivers?

I have not heard of these before. As for the 605B pictured. I built them for a friend in Austin, so they are not staying. The Marting Logan Prodigy are the speakers for that room.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I have not heard of these before. As for the 605B pictured. I built them for a friend in Austin, so they are not staying. The Marting Logan Prodigy are the speakers for that room.

I'm relocating there.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
you have a very understanding wife ;)

Before moving to this new place, I literally took the reception room at home as my listening area, the wife was OK until I got the Avantgarde speakers that were "a little to much" for her and guests!

(great systems you have there Wardsweb!!!)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing