Wanted: a car that is small, cheap and carries cargo!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Neither. It is an accessory that mounts underneath the tractor itself. You can see a version of it here:

It is an incredibly powerful unit. I ran over rebar that was vertically in the dirt like a post that was one inch thick and the thing sheered it off without me even knowing it! Sadly, it also tore off the sprinkler that was next to it also. :(

Yeah the Bushhog will eat anything you can get under it. Saplings are a specialty.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And here I was thinking I was nuts for having a verticutter for my little lawn/putting green! ;)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Done that too :). One of the main motivations behind the backhoe was to be able to dig the 40 ditches for our fruit trees. Can't image doing that work without it.

Need your help Bob on trimming the trees properly :).

It's called prooning (Winter) and thinning (Spring). ...I used to do that as a full time job (Okanagan Valley).
In the Summer & Fall, I picked the fruits. :)

* Depending of the size of your trees, it should take no more than a day or few.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sure would be nice if Suzuki brought this cute thing to US:

NICE!!!!

I didn't know they've gotten TONKA to do their industrial design ;)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Even this one would do:

Can you tell I am getting desperate? :D It is remarkable that no one imports a small pick up truck or utility into US anymore :(.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amir,

Have you considered the Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Explorer_Sport_Trac

Might be some tremendous deals with the inventory being sold off.

Lee
They are still too big Lee. The UTVs are around 120 inches which means when I park them in my garage, there is room left for other things. The US trucks take up almost the entire length of our garage.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
How about a used Subaru Baja? They should be quite easily available in the US - especially the Pacific Northwest where Subaru is a popular brand. I've seen them on the roads in Bellevue/Redmond.
Per above, looking for something shorter and more manageable around the yard and in the garage. If that didn't have a back seat, it would work great.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I have looked at the mini trucks Lee. The issue with them is parts and such. if I could find a local dealer it may have been a decent option. But the nearest one is in the next state over. Still, they are tempting given the cab, heater and such which come in handy here.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Suzuki Amir, Suzuki. Lots of second hand Samurais and the like in your area available for cheap. Go to a body shop and chop the rear cab off. :)

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Used compact Japanese pickup truck. Get one well-maintained to nearly 100,000 miles, it will do what you're asking of it for another 10 years.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing